Night Shift- Electrician
Company: Foster Farms
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Company DescriptionFoster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do. We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.Job DescriptionDesigns, plans and executes all electrical/electronic installations, expansions or revisions of existing and new equipment, machines or mechanisms related to all phases of our process in accordance with national and local codes with National Electrical Code taking precedence. Maintains repairs and calibrates all electronic/electrical equipment as per the needs of production, maintenance, quality control and to the manufacturer's specifications for each piece of equipment or mechanism. The above responsibility extends throughout all departments which Steps:
- Maintains plant electrical equipment such as power transformers, entrance bust, switchgear, disconnects, wiring, motors, switches, and all additional electrical mechanisms in good operational repair and condition. Performs, designs and plans various duties as replacing defective mechanisms, makes all connections to new electrical installations or existing systems. Replaces motors or motor parts, cleaning, oiling, and maintaining all electrical equipment, machines, fixtures, scales, etc. Performs, designs and plans new expansions or installations relating to the electrical aspects for all plant departments as required by management.
- Performs maintenance, repair and calibration of all electronic equipment, such as control systems of numerically electrically controlled machines, or other controlling, sequencing and recording equipment t of all types for all department, computer control systems, scales. etc. Conducts operational tests and repairs equipment by disassembling components, repairing and/or replacing faulty parts, reassembling and adjusting equipment. Determines proper setting for timing and control mechanism's. Periodically checks performance of all electronic equipment, scales, computers, controllers, etc., to assure conformance to required manufacturer and production requirements. Must be able to draw, design or work from wiring diagrams, blueprints, schematics, etc. as required by management.
- Provides technical assistance to Supervisor and Foreman in analyzing and solving problems encountered in the daily electrical and electronic work.
- Evaluates existing procedures and job sequencing to verify that resulting work will assure safety and economy consistent with Company and government regulatory agency requirements.
- Develops and recommends written procedures and work documents to simplify and improve the quality of electrical and inspection work and work records.
- Assist in developing new techniques and methods for routine, non routine, and project work.
- Participates in the testing of tools and materials to determine if they meet specifications and shop requirements.
- Works with Maintenance training personnel in the development of training programs, and may conduct specialized technical training.
- Any other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervision.QualificationsHigh school graduate plus two years technical school specializing in electrical/electronic design, theory and repair combined with the equivalent of five years hands on experience as a Lead Industrial Electrician. The military equivalent of an IC 8 with equal years Industrial experience may be acceptable. Proficient knowledge of the most current national electrical codes.Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
Keywords: Foster Farms, Fresno , Night Shift- Electrician, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!