Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Level: Hourly
Job Type: Hourly Full Time
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate
your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who
are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish
the world. This position is in Cargill's protein and salt business,
where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide
range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores
to manufacturers and exporters.
-Location: Fresno, CA
Job Type: Full Time -
Shift(s) Available: 3rd -
Compensation: -$32 /hr -Benefits Information
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Manufacturing Process Reliability
- Maintain Process and Industry Standards and Specifications
- Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such
as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing
- Perform preventative maintenance up to and including Annual
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics
- Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical
related issues without direct supervision.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other
departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
testing instruments. -
- Understand and certify in LOTO
- Identify follow-up work required
- Acquire planned materials, tools and documentation for planned
work, and work order information for reactive work.
- Investigate job site if required - determine scope of work
- Prepare work site - scaffolding, safety, etc
- Perform maintenance task
- Respond to interruption work from immediate supervisor.
- Move to next job after completion or as directed by Maintenance
- With the Maintenance Supervisor, resolve problems as needed to
- Complete Closeout Activities including, Tool accountability /
Parts reconciliation, Sanitation tagging / Notification to
Production, Return unused materials and tools, Functional
Operations test complete, and arrange for PdM validation.
- Complete, Sign and return hardcopy Work Order to Maintenance
Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As
Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies,
Delays, any Job Plan Feedback -
- Effectively inform through written communication daily
pass-downs issues and actions.
- Help to establish and implement preventative maintenance
procedures for electronic controlled equipment, plant
instrumentation and plant data collection systems
- Maintain and troubleshooting electronic controlled equipment,
plant instrumentation and plant data collection system
- Self-starter and high performance individual with ability to
prioritize his/her daily workload.
- Working knowledge of, ability to troubleshoot and repair
analog, digital control devices and sensors.
- Ability to effectively operate and use an oscilloscope, VOM and
other test equipment to troubleshoot and repair industrial control
- Working knowledge of serial communications and ability to
troubleshoot communications between PLC/PC and ASCII devices.
(bar-code readers, scales, label printers, digital displays,
terminals, RFID, wireless networking, etc.)
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Aggressive to solve problems in a methodical manner.
- Basic PLC programming and troubleshooting skills, preferably
with Allen-Bradley -
- Demonstrate an understanding of electrical control circuits
that employ 24 VAC/DC and 110VAC.
- Identify and explain the operation of 110VAC circuits and
related equipment.Identify and explain the operation of three phase
circuits and related equipment.
- Demonstrate competence with test equipment.
- Wonder Ware, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, RSView, Windows XP plus
other miscellaneous software that is proprietary to our company.
- Identify and explain the different components of a PLC and
- Demonstrate knowledge of PLC programming software (RSLogix500,
- Identify and explain the different components of a LAN system
and their function(s).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa
- Must be 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to read. write, and speak in English
- Have High school diploma or GED
- Must have 5 -years -industrial maintenance electrician
experience or a minimum 7-month technical training. -
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed. -
- Must be able to perform basic math
- Ability to use a Voltage Ohm Meter
- Troubleshoot electrical problems without schematics
- Ability to program PLC systems
- Experience troubleshooting PLC systems
- Familiar with NFPA 70E
- Previously worked in a food processing environment -Considered
candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please
note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Keywords: Cargill, Fresno , Electrician, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!