Construction Manager - Greenhouses
Company: Netafim Irrigation Inc
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Netafim USA is the largest subsidiary of the global irrigation,
agronomy, and automation leader Netafim Ltd. Our business purpose
is to Help the world grow more with less. The world's need for food
is growing quickly and yet our global resources are limited.
Netafim provides agricultural solutions that enable the world to
grow more food, using less water, in a more sustainable way. We are
a purpose driven company that was founded by farmers, for farmers.
As a subsidiary of a global company our people come from all over
the world. They share values such as mutual cooperation, loyalty,
dedication, and team support. Our employees work closely with our
customers and are committed to providing quality service to
everyone we interact and do business with. Our US headquarters and
manufacturing facilities are located in Fresno, CA. We employ
approximately 270 team members throughout the US and over 5,000
team members globally. You can learn more about our company and the
Netafim experience at the following web-link:
The Construction Manager - Greenhouses is responsible for all
aspects of project execution, including material supply,
subcontractor negotiations and oversight, scheduling and resource
management, as well as permitting and code compliance to ensure
seamless executing of awarded projects. This role is an essential
part of our rapidly growing greenhouse and project management teams
that will help us deliver exceptional results to clients. The
successful candidate will possess the knowledge, experience, and
confidence to engage and professionally interact with our
commercial greenhouse experts and agronomists, the global Project
Management Office (PMO), sourcing, finance, leadership and our
customers in the process of building our business in this key
- Manage and oversee the execution of greenhouse construction
projects from initiation to close by interfacing with the
commercial team during the conceptual stage, then taking full
responsibility for all execution activities through commissioning
- In conjunction with the commercial team, manage development of
the customer proposal and statement of work through interaction
with related business functions to ensure legal, regulatory, design
and financial compliance.
- Define and communicate all necessary project management plans,
including scope, activity plans and sequence; then report regularly
on progress, conformance with the original timeline and budget, and
report any deviations from the original project plan.
- Establish project work programs and maintain management and
control routines to include a deliverables list, project schedule,
design stages, installation schedule, resource plan, budget, risk
assessment and internal reporting.
- Create an organized workflow process and maintain all documents
related to the project.
- Interface with the global greenhouse team and supply chain
partners to ensure timely delivery of all materials to the project
- Build network of local subcontractors and identify potential new
subcontractors that could assist our efforts to better meet
customer needs and stay within establish budgets.
- Establish a regular cadence for communication and interface with
all subcontractors selected for the project to maintain schedules
and resolve issues.
- Schedule and lead regular communication with customers of active
projects to keep them updated on progress, review change orders,
and resolve issues.
- Implement efficient communication and support interfaces for
construction management within North American and Global Greenhouse
- Proactively manage, minimize & escalate deviations from planned
baselines that will have a major impacts on scope, schedule, risk
- Ensure compliance with relevant federal, state, and local
regulations pertaining to greenhouse structures and related
- Participate in regular update meetings with the commercial team
to maintain awareness of the upcoming project pipeline and
associated customer needs.
- Build, maintain and implement up-to-date project management
theory and best practices within Netafim's PM community and among
all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain best practice safety practices while on project sites
and while executing day to day duties.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform
other duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering,
Production Agriculture, or a related field required.
- Formal project management education, certification or related
- Experience in project management and team management, preferably
in greenhouse construction or commercial construction.
- Outstanding computer skills (MS Office required)
- Thoughtful and effective communicator.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work
group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, quality orientation, and strong
- Some travel to project sites required.
Keywords: Netafim Irrigation Inc, Fresno , Construction Manager - Greenhouses, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!