Natural Resources Technician
Company: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Posted on: January 24, 2023
About the opportunityDo you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring
excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients?
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking
for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in
delivering the highest-quality project work. -SWCA is expanding our
natural resources team and seeking an on-call hourly Biological
Field Technician to support two solar construction projects in
Fresno County California. Work hours may vary from either weekly or
monthly site inspections dependent upon construction schedule.
On-call staff may be requested to support other projects as work
becomes available and are free to accept or refuse the work based
on their schedule. As our Natural Resources team continues to grow,
additional opportunities for advancement and/or transition to a
regular, full-time position will be available. - - -This position
is temporary, hourly. Pay is dependent on experience. What you will
accomplishResponsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct environmental inspections, wildlife and vegetation
baseline studies (including protocol surveys), nesting bird
surveys, and general habitat assessments.
- Collect field data, record and identify fauna and flora.
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other
maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas,
habitat types, and associated landforms.
- Photograph and take detailed notes of habitats, species, and
landforms. Operate SWCA vehicles safely, including operation of
4-wheel-drive vehicles on rugged, back-country roads.
- Follow industry-leading safety check-in and reporting
- Communicate effectively with SWCA project managers,
construction crews, and other environmental specialists to complete
the field work and reporting requirements.
- Understand project environmental requirements and the
applicable laws and regulations protecting biological
- The ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
is critical.Experience and qualifications for successRequired
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Biology, Ecology,
Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or a related
life sciences field required.
- Must have a current and valid drivers license, with the ability
to drive multiple types of vehicles, trucks, and 4x4s
- Knowledge of common and special status state and federal listed
California fauna and flora.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for
long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often
at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies
weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Report or other writing experience.Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years or field seasons of experience completing
construction monitoring, biological surveys, fieldwork, and/or
- Prior experience with GIS software, GPS units/tablets and
ability to use technology for data collection.
- Ornithologists with bird identification and nest searching
experience; raptor and other birds of prey experience a plus.SWCA
Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm,
providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices
across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental
compliance firms and ranks among -Engineering News-Records -Top 200
Environmental Firms. -If you would like to contact SWCA regarding
the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
online application process due to a disability, please email
-firstname.lastname@example.org -or call 480-581-5378. This contact
information is for disability accommodation requests only. All
other inquiries will not receive a response. - -EOE - women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are
encouraged to apply. -SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary
transparency for all its employees. - In alignment with this
commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges on all its advertised
job postings to promote pay equity and transparency. -An employee
in this Half Moon Bay, CA-based position can expect an hourly pay
rate of $22.20 - $20.40/hour. Actual pay within this range may
depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client
requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law.
- - -This position is eligible for our wellness paid time off,
employee assistance program and wellness program activities.
-#LI-LP1Seniority LevelEntry level
Keywords: SWCA Environmental Consultants, Fresno , Natural Resources Technician, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!