Structural CADD Technician
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Structural CADD Technician - ( 220003H4 )DescriptionWe create
great places and the connections that get people and goods
movingwhether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet.
Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide
planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that
fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation
experience. Join our team and help us keep communities
connected.Your OpportunityStantec Consulting, Inc. has an immediate
opening for a Structural CADD Technician in our Fresno, CA office.
Other work locations in California such as Walnut Creek, Los
Angeles, Irvine and Paramount would be considered for the right
candidate. This role is full-time, though part-time will be
considered as well.Your Key Responsibilities
- Create, maintain, and edit design drawings and construction
plans for transportation structures (bridges, culverts,
foundations, walls, etc.) as required utilizing AutoCad and
Microstation software packages. BIM experience a plus.
- Preparing high quality transportation structural plans by
utilizing engineering calculations, notes, sketches, etc. as
prepared by engineers; using geometry and structural components for
accurate descriptions of components and completed structures.
- Providing clear and detailed plan preparation work, compliant
with accepted design/drafting standards of the client including
manuals, standard figures and plans, or other resources.
Understands the terminology, technology, and other concepts related
to structural engineering and construction practices. Applies this
understanding to the process of structure layout, concrete
reinforcing, and structural steel detailing.
- Understands and implements site development (contours and
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of the drawings and
graphic work produced for the team.
- Prepare and check quantity calculations from plans.
- Perform shop drawing reviews.
- Ensure that project needs are met in a timely and effective
- Works closely with project managers, project engineers,
designers, and other CADD technicians.QualificationsYour
Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to understand and maintain project
specific CAD standards.
- Working knowledge of CAD software programs Autodesk and Bentley
products including, but not limited to Autocad, Civil 3D,
Microstation, and OpenRoads Designer. Experience with BIM software
- Strong attention to detail and presentation. Caltrans drawing
preparation experience required. California High Speed Rail
experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a team player approach to
design and problem solving.
- Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.Education and Experience
- Technical Degree, AS or BS in Computer Aided Drafting and
- 3 years experience in structural engineering drafting of
- Familiar with Caltrans drawing standards.Typical office
environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long
periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements
including inclement weather.This description is not a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be
required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and
activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or
without notice.Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come
to build on each others talents, do exciting work, and make an
impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal
best.Primary Location : United States-California-FresnoOther
Locations : United States-California-Los Angeles, United
States-California-Paramount, United States-California-Irvine,
United States-California-Walnut CreekOrganization : BC-2073
Transportation-US PacificEmployee Status : RegularJob Level :
Individual ContributorTravel : Yes, 10 % of the TimeSchedule :
Full-timeJob Posting : Oct 6, 2022, 9:32:08 AMReq ID:
220003H4Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all
qualified employees and applicants for future and current
employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic
information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit
discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring,
referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training,
terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in
compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and
ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO
including Disability/Protected Veterans
Keywords: Stantec, Fresno , Structural CADD Technician, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!