DESC Independence Lead Analyst
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) - Deloitte Entity Search
& Compliance (DESC) Lead Analyst - Stamford or Nashville
As part of the ICN group, you will help the Deloitte US Firms
remain independent - unbiased and free from conflicts of interest -
when providing services to clients. Independence requirements are
defined by specific sets of policies, external rules, and
regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte
US Firms and personal independence is critical to the business and
reputation of Deloitte.
Work you'll do
Analysts in our group have a challenging opportunity for high
visibility and frequent consultation with senior technical partners
and leaders in addressing independence-related issues. As an
analyst, you will participate in a team responsible for our
centralized system for monitoring independence from attest clients.
You will also be an active participant in handling the timely
update and completion of independence checks, processes, and
systems. In addition, you will assist in consultations with
engagement teams to evaluate and apply independence policy. The
success of the role involves:
- Working closely with Partners, Principals, Managing Directors
(PPMDs), and engagement teams on policy consultations and business
requirements involving the independence systems.
- Taking a lead role in completing independence processes and
- Coordinating colleagues conducting the periodic review and
update of risk and independence data and processes (including
- Attending and providing input to policy-setting meetings aimed
at developing guidance to address emerging issues.
- Drafting internal correspondence aimed at growing awareness of
the auditor independence rules and implications of new U.S.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Public Company Accounting
Oversight Board (PCAOB), and American Institute of Certified Public
Accountants (AICPA) rulings.
As part of Risk & Brand Protection, the Independence & Conflicts
Network (ICN) DESC team performs a critical quality and
risk-management function for the Deloitte US Entities.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of work experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills with an
emphasis on detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, and prioritize amidst
- Dedication to professional growth and a willingness to develop
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
- Public accounting or financial services experience
- Project team experience
- Independence requirements experience
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or
Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable
estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation
range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada
and takes into account the wide range of factors that are
considered in making compensation decisions including but not
limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and
certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The
disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable
geographic differential associated with the location at which the
position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an
individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their
role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and
circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current
range is $78750 to $115755.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual
incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program,
whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including,
without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Keywords: Deloitte, Fresno , DESC Independence Lead Analyst, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!