Company: Rex Moore
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Details Level Experienced Job Location Rex Moore - Central
Valley - Fresno, CA Position Type Full TimeOverview: The following
job description describes the general duties, requirements and
qualifications for the classification of journeyman electrician.
Each individual's group classification and corresponding wage rate
is based on the percentage of the following job description with
respect to the skills, education and experience that each
individual possesses.Any employee, regardless of their group
classification or wage rate, may be required to perform all of the
following tasks in their entirety or in part. In addition, this job
description is general and may not include all of the skills,
responsibilities, qualifications or education necessary to
accomplish the work required by this, or any other position.Tasks:
Under intermittent supervision employee has the ability to
demonstrate the following competencies at an expert level including
all competencies in the subordinate levels.Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, Direct, monitor, train, and work alongside one
Electrician Trainee and/or one Apprentice.
- Delegate tasks to Electrician Trainee and/or one Apprentice to
ensure a safe and timely completion of assignments.
- Operate any hand and power tools and equipment necessary to
perform all trade associated assignments.
- Complete multi-task assignments involving all aspects of the
trade: field sketches, schematics, one line diagrams, and
- Generate complete tools and materials list for assigned
- Performs assignment lay-outs and preparation for installation
via verbal instructions, field sketches, schematics, blueprint, one
line diagrams and blue print reference
- Instructs employees assisting him/her in the correct operation
of tools and equipment, safe work practices, electrical principles
and applicable NEC
- Complete all assignment-related paperwork accurately and on a
- Able to perform troubleshooting and problem resolution in
electrical circuits, systems and equipment.
- Provide input on employee evaluations.
- Performs metering and testing up to 480 volts following
live-work policies and procedures.
- Interprets and applies requirements of NEC for all
installations, including special systems and occupancy.
- Able to read UBC, NFPA-72, NFPA-70E, construction safety orders
and all applicable code requirements at an advance level.
- Abides by the company rules & policy & safety requirements and
report all violations & incidents to immediate supervisor and
- Performs other project related duties and assignments as
instructed by Supervisor.
- Investigates or assists in investigation and reporting of
- Acceptable attendance
- May be called upon to perform the duties of subordinate
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications: In addition to the
tasks listed, the ideal candidate shall have, at minimum:
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Proficient at the interpretation and application of blueprints,
including architectural, civil, and structural prints.
- Strong communication skills ability to provide and follow
written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively communicates technical information with peers,
assistants, project supervision & other trades.
- Demonstrate expert proficiency in all basic aspects of trade
related materials, components, equipment, systems, methods
installation, safety procedures, safe work practices, basic
calculations, blueprint, and drawing interpretation &
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative
- Exhibits high level of organization throughout work tasks.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Proficient at arithmetic (including fractions & decimals) and
basic algebra. Education, Certifications, Licenses:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Holds a current General Electrical certification through the
state Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory
responsibility.Work Environment: Regularly exposed to environmental
conditions inside and outside: inclement weather, cold, heat, and
humidity. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Frequently exposed to vibrations, moving mechanical parts, moving
vehicles, machines, dust and chemicals. May be required to function
in crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, and other
areas of close proximity. Occasionally required to work on elevated
surfaces including on ladders and lifts.Physical Demands: The
physical demands described are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job.
- Regularly required to talk in order to communicate detailed,
important, and accurate instructions to internal and external
- Frequently required walking for long and short distances,
walking from one worksite to another.
- Frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time
- Frequently required to bend or twist at the neck and torso
- Frequently required to crouching, squatting, stooping,
- Frequently required to use and climb ladders to work from
- Occasionally required to use scissor, boom, and other personnel
lifts to access the work area
- Frequently required to reach above head
- Frequently required to reach forward, grab, grasp, pinching,
handle material and tools using upper extremities
- Frequently required to perform repetitive motion tasks
- Frequently required to pull or push using force
- Frequently required to lift objects from low to high positions
in horizontal to vertical motions
- Frequently required to lift objects weighing up to 25lbs
- Occasionally required to lift objects weighing up to 50lbs with
- Occasionally sitting in chair, vehicle, or equipment
- Frequently required to talk, express or exchange detailed,
important information by means of verbal communication.
- Constantly required to hear sounds at normal speaking levels
with or without correction. Ability to hear detailed information
and distinguish sounds to avoid hazards.
- Required to have near and far sited visual acuity with or
without correction. Must be able to inspect small parts, operating
tools, using measurement devices and/or assembly or fabrication
parts. Must also be able to visually identify and read posted
signs, instructions, and identify possible hazards
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy,
neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Keywords: Rex Moore, Fresno , General Electrician, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!