Inventory Control Analyst General Administrative
Company: Builders Firstsource, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Provide analytical support and manage inventory processes and
procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Analyze and deliver
on-target projections for multiple functional areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee the receiving process for all products at the
* Analyze and review all special-order vendor back orders as well
as customer back orders that may be the result of poor inventory
* Analyze all Value Add and other Trend force ships and take
appropriate steps to correct in the system.
* Ensure that the Value Add process is completed in a timely
* Complete cycle counts as requested by the Sourcing Department and
* Notify the Sourcing Department of any inventory adjustment due to
damage, short shipment, returns or for any other reason.
* Coordinate with the Sourcing Department inventory adjustments due
to cycle counts needed at the location.
* Run the bi-annual fiscal inventory for the location.
* Notify / Requests of the Sourcing Managers of new product code
* Work with any vendor that has been established to provide the
company with a location "Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)."
* Maintain a working knowledge of all products manufactured in
store and how they are assembled.
* Communicate with the Sourcing Department on all Cycle Count
variances to find root cause of problems and to keep the problem
* Work with Supplier Reps and/or the Sourcing Department to manage
damaged and defective products to obtain most value for the
* Identify and manage surplus and obsolete inventory.
* Proactively works to reduce and manage this inventory.
* Understands the impact of slow-moving inventory on the
* Manager aging and tracking of non-stock material.
* Oversee Order Entry process to ensure that orders are entered to
best impact inventory usage such as managing and overseeing the use
of Future Orders for maximum advantage.
* Work with the Sourcing Department to achieve the best optimized
* Project future usage changes and understands their impact on the
* Run RARR's and orders from POERR and WTERR to maintain levels of
* Seeks out suppliers with Sourcing Managers guidance when normal
ARP path supplier is out of stock.
* Enter PO's into the system, as needed.
* Review all confirmations with price and quantities in Trend,
updating pricing and ship date.
* Work with Sourcing Manager on getting any replacement cost
updated as needed to keep variance to a minimum.
* Maintain a confirmation file system.
* Communicate with CRS/SM on updating ICSW on items usage to
maintain Trend files.
* This includes updating ICSW files, status, safety stock, lead
time, usage adjustments and standard packs for assigned product
categories or vendors.
* Works with Fulfillment Team to improve locations turns and
* Administers and maintains pool shipments as part of any "Hub &
Spoke" distribution programs within a market.
* Administration and take-away reporting of vendor consigned
inventory programs within a location or market.
* Review of daily NNA and PORBX reports with follow up to avoid any
out of stock situations.
* Responsible to achieve inventory level targets and Open to Buy
controls as set by the Director of Supply Chain Fulfillment. (Based
on products replenished by ICS).
* Other duties that may need to be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
* 2 years' relevant experience.
* Knowledge and experience in the building industry preferred.
* Interpersonal communication, writing skills, and highly
* Tech-savvy with strong emphasis on Microsoft Office and Trend
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Subject to both typical office environment and outside locations
with temperature and weather variations.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on
occasion up to 80 pounds.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)
765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send
resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to
request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
* Job Family PURSC
* Pay Type Hourly
* Fresno, CA, USA
Keywords: Builders Firstsource, Inc., Fresno , Inventory Control Analyst General Administrative, Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!