X-Ray Technician/Certified Radiologic Technician (CRT)
Company: United Health Centers of the San Joaquin Valley
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Signing bonus potential upon meeting specific criteria. - New
grads welcome. - Under the general supervision of the X-Ray
Supervisor, the X-Ray Technician Limited (XTL) operates x-ray
equipment to perform radiographic and diagnostic imaging procedures
to assist physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and diseases.
Cross-train and assist in other areas of the clinic as operational
needs require. Will work closely with the X-Ray Supervisor and
Chief Medical Officer to ensure Radiology department is fully
- Perform within the scope of the X-Ray Technician Limited (XTL)
categories of chest, extremities and torso-skeletal anatomical
areas of the body.
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g.,
department meetings, program meetings, employee staff meetings) and
other activities as required or assigned.
- Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and
knowledge to provide effective care, treatment, and/or
- Supports the overall needs of the health center by working
extended hours when necessary. Must be flexible, dependable and
willing to travel.
- Supports the needs of the health center by traveling to other
UHC health centers when department need dictate.
- Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain
- Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation
to patient and staff.
- Maintain a neat and clean working environment and ensure all
supplies have been ordered and stocked.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational
mission and objective of UHC to provide health care access and
support services for all members of the community.
- Supports their own staff development by completing the required
hours of continuing education each year.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and
responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at
the discretion of management, formally or informally either
verbally or in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding
patients and other team members; abides by UHC Rules of
Confidentiality and general HIPAA regulations regarding privacy.
Ensure compliance with approved radiology techniques and all UHC
policy and procedure.
- Displays a positive, professional and respectful demeanor at
all times toward employees, peers, professional contacts, and
patients served, maintaining a professional appearance and positive
image for the health centers.
- Contributes to the team by promoting positive staff
interaction, maintains open communication with other
- Radiology Technician certificate from an accredited school
- Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Radiology Technology from
an accredited school preferredLICENSE/CERTIFICATION:
- X-Ray Technician Limited scope certification (XTL)
- Possess a valid CA driver's license
- Maintain valid lifesaving certification (CPR, BLS)PRIOR
- Minimum 1-year recent experience as an X-Ray TechnicianSKILLS:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to
work with internal and external customers.
- Able to work under conditions of frequent interruption.
- Use good judgment in organizing tasks and solving routine
- Customer-service oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Flexible and dependable and willing to travel
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneouslyPHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS: -Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and push up to
50 pounds (on wheels).Ability to lift or help lift patients to exam
table.Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are
served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate
information to patients and staff.Must be able to read memos,
computer screens, personnel forms and clinical and administrative
documents.Must have high manual dexterity.Must be able to sit for
long periods of time at workstation.Must be able to reach above the
shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand,
stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn
Keywords: United Health Centers of the San Joaquin Valley, Fresno , X-Ray Technician/Certified Radiologic Technician (CRT), Professions , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!