Family Specialist I (Bilingual in Spanish Preferred)
Company: Uplift Family Services
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Works within the vision, mission, and philosophy of the agency.
Within a team process, develops a strength based relationship with
youth and care givers. Intervenes with maladaptive behaviors while
developing the youths strengths and interests. Responsible for
linking to community resources and transferring skill sets to the
care giver. Does whatever it takes to meet the needs of the family
in a strength based approach while also working to preserve the
family unit. Helps to create permanent connections for youth and
families. May search, locate, and engage family members for youth.
Assists with transitioning kids to the lowest level of care. Works
independently in the family s home and in a variety of community
and/or treatment settings.
1. Provides direct services to youth and families.
2. Provides direct billable mental health services, documents in
alignment with Medi-Cal regulations, and achieves set productivity
3. Engages and builds alignment and relationships with parents,
youth, and others in the normal course of working with the
4. Utilizes strengths of youth, families, and others to assist in
the implementation and achievement of goals and outcomes.
5. Works with youth and family teams to support family driven,
strength based planning and interventions.
6. Understands and takes advantage of therapeutic opportunities in
7. Conducts observations regarding specific target behavior, track
progress and modify plans with the family to support their intended
8. Assists teams in developing a hypothesis of function and
underlying unmet need in an effort to develop individualized,
strength based strategies and interventions that will result in
positive behavior change.
9. Engages caregiver, family members, and other natural supports in
building youth specific parenting responses that support positive
behavior change and overall family relationships.
10. Works in the community directly with youth and families to
develop and implement safety and skill refinement plans.
11. Supports families in bridging to and or building on natural
resources and accessing community based program supports that will
continue support over time.
12. Develops resources within the community to serve children and
13. Assists youth and family teams to meet specific service needs
(ie: help develop strategy or resource specific to an identified
need) and monitor outcomes.
14. Participates in family finding team activities by identifying
family finding need, obtaining authorizations, creating teams,
conducting searches and setting deadlines. Completes Connectedness
Maps as needed.
15. Documents interactions and practices and maintain
administrative expectations in a timely manner.
16. Meets and or exceeds all direct service expectations and
17. Assists in developing program responses to needs identified
across a number of youth and families where natural community
resources are not available or appropriate.
18. Builds on individual strengths, concerns, and needs with
balanced focus on the family as a unit.
19. Facilitates and/or co-facilitates, supports, and model
participation in healthy group dynamics within various settings
including family homes, schools, parks, and recreation centers, and
treatment facilities. Provides an open forum for expression of
feelings and ideas when appropriate.
20. Builds solid, cooperative, culturally responsive relationships
with youth and families as well as community resources to assist
with the planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation of
appropriate activities to achieve family identified goals.
21. Employee is required to meet applicable productivity and
22. Driving to appointments with clients and their families or
other key contacts
23. Physical interactions with children of variable ages such as,
but not limited to, games, sports and other activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to
date. This can include but are not limited to certifications,
licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
Program Requires: Bachelors Degree
Interpersonal skills and the ability to write and speak in a
grammatically correct manner required.
Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in related field
One (1) year working with children
HIGHLY DESIREABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Speak, read, and/or write another language preferred.
Other Specific Requirements
Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of
Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background
clearance, if applicable.
Valid California Driver's license with two years experience driving
and clean driving record may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
In addition this position requires standing, sitting, walking,
climbing, and kneeling.
Employee Statement of Understanding
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I
am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position.
I agree to successfully complete all required training indicated
for this position. I agree to keep all of my required
certifications and licenses current and up to date and provide
proper documentation of the same to the Human Resources Department.
I agree to comply with all Agency policies and procedures. I agree
to comply with the agency compliance plan and all laws, rules,
regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an
employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations
of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor.
As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of
the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the
values in all their interactions with youth and families and fellow
Keywords: Uplift Family Services, Fresno , Family Specialist I (Bilingual in Spanish Preferred), Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!