Posted on: June 15, 2019
Excellence In Everything We Touch
Position SummaryUnder direct supervision, performs a variety of
claim clerical support duties for the Claim
- Matches proper file and/or claim number on unidentified
correspondence by use of the various automated systems for mail
delivered by USPS/ACS/Unmatched mail queue in ODM.
- Types a variety of material such as letters, benefit notices,
or memorandums for medical appointment, attorneys, or external
- Performs control operator functions for various Service Center
or Claim Office data systems.
- Retrieves and/or re-files items from central storage facility
and maintains accurate records of file activity.
- Receives dock and messenger service deliveries and verifies
accuracy of delivered material.
- Prepares outgoing mail for shipment which includes the
necessary attachments, wrapping, and sealing. This will include
shipping/receiving computer equipment.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering
telephones, taking messages, dispersing faxes, making payments,
sort/preparing files, and data entry.
- Assists in updating jurisdictional notices and manuals used in
- Pulls files from storage for in-house state audits.
- Prepares files in electronic form for state audits (payment
history, file notes, and gathering medical reports).
- Contacts agents and insured on routine claims to obtain
coverage information or obtains through the various systems.
- Issues payments, requests wage information for the adjusters,
orders surveillance, and completes medical calls to obtain the
current work status.
- Schedules medical appointments and sends all appropriate
correspondence relating to that appointment.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer operations and of
claim file systems and procedures.
- 2 yrs administrative experience preferred but not
- High school diploma or GED; or the equivalent in related work
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products and like
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and have excellent multi-tasking
- Must be technically proficient.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are
About UsThink all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire,
our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford &
Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to
businesses' needs and challenges at any point of the claims
processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management
services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique
goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of
risk through professional expertise, technology and data
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the
best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart,
thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our
collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while
embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an
ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership
of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which
employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees
continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied
with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that's inclusive,
agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people
are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed,
innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example - at work and in our communities.
We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages,
reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our
reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in
mission, vision and values. Learn more at
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and
internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health,
dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition
reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting
unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment
opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee
at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method
without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this
position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole
property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Broadspire, Fresno , Claims Clerk, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!