Company: Fresno First Bank
Posted on: January 23, 2023
At Fresno First Bank, we truly believe that our people are our
greatest asset - and we treat them as such. We offer exciting and
interesting opportunities for dedicated, hard-working
professionals. If you share our values and passion for providing
clients with opportunities to achieve their aspirations and
personal success- apply today!Our Values: Teamwork: We all pitch in
to provide the high caliber service our customers deserve. We have
to trust and rely on each other to execute our work with purpose
and efficiency - however difficult the task might be. We are
constantly thinking about the next step and the next
opportunity.Relationships: Building mutually beneficial
relationships is curtail to the long-term success of our
organization. By immersing ourselves in the business ventures we
empower, we come to understand our customers as people with real
human needs rather than just numbers.Authentic: We say what we
mean, and we mean what we say. Internally that means holding each
other accountable and owning up to mistakes. It also means being
straight forward with customers.Commitment: Our pride of ownership
is strong. Every day, we bring our best in order to support our
customers and represent the bank.Employment with Fresno First Bank
will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy
a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas,
good work, and initiative.The Universal Banker/Teller is
responsible for accurately and efficiently perform branch customer
service and operational duties such as processing retail and
commercial deposits, withdrawals, wire transfers, and loan
payments. This position also promotes business for the Bank by
maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to
additional Bank products. Essential Duties:
- Receives retail and commercial deposits and withdrawals;
verifies necessary authorization documents and proper form, makes
decisions when questionable items are presented, performs duties
within authorized limits.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as
well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Operates computer terminal to process transactions, review
account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within
- Issues official checks, traveler's checks and savings bond
- Assists with issuing official checks and performing night
- Cross-sells the Bank's other products and services, referring
customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and
- Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders, accepts
loan and installment payments.
- Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to
- Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving
problems within given authority.
- Records, files, updates information, prepares wire transfers
and sorts mail or reports as required.
- Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank
- May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency
transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
- Processes FICA payments, ATM deposits, certifications, change
orders and deposit slip corrections.
- May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in
balancing vault currency and coin.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the
trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows
respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others
on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of
harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks
correctly and on time; supports the Bank's goals and values;
benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or
safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report
potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with
occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations
and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are
applicable to one's own actions and conduct.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of pervious cash handling and customer service
experience required, preferably in Banking.
- Experience in new accounts preferred.
- Computer skills; mainframe computer system; word processing and
- Math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; common
fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count
currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
with the ability to carry out instructions, interpret documents,
understand procedures, and write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal with routine problems; good organizational and
time management skills.
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing
- Current California driver's license and a vehicle with
appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course
of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.PI201790909
Keywords: Fresno First Bank, Fresno , Universal Banker/Teller, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!