Commercial Loan Underwriter
Company: Central Valley Community Bancorp
Posted on: November 22, 2022
STATUS: Non-exempt, regular full-time, 40 hours per week
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility: Evaluate large commercial
credit requests. Prepare and recommend credit authorizations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: With or without reasonable
accommodation must be able to perform all essential job functions
as described below.
* Assist account officers with collecting/reviewing borrower's
financial information, credit reports and collateral verification
information (e.g. UCC filings, appraisals, etc.), in order to
underwrite basic conventional commercial and industrial loans and
commercial real estate loans. Ensure that all required
documentation is present, complete and appropriate to the credit
* Analyze and interpret profitability, cash flow, credit reports
and financial ratios to determine if they meet guidelines for
adequate repayment capacity.
* Evaluate and verify collateral.
* Analyze borrower's competitive and economic sensitivities,
general business conditions, and management.
* Determine borrower credit worthiness/risk factors, and recommend
risk mitigation measures.
* Assist account officers with preparing Credit Authorization
Memorandum (CAM) and recommend credit approval. Includes financial
review report and opinion of credit risk.
* Present credit requests and respond to credit administration
* Prepare problem loan reports, EAD and/or DCF analysis, as
appropriate, and TDR assessments.
Minimum Qualifications to Perform Essential Functions:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of commercial credit products, concepts, processes, and
* Knowledge of business management and planning tools, including
financial statements and ratios, budgets, inventory and accounts
* Effective math skills, including ratios, percentages, interest
* Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, business
reports and legal documents.
* Knowledge of applicable federal/state banking regulations.
* Ability to adapt to changes and manage multiple priorities.
* Exceptional judgment, problem solving, and decision-making
skills; aptitude for detail.
* Ability to review and critically evaluate information or data in
order to identify areas of potential risk.
* Professional verbal and written communication skills; proficiency
at speaking, reading and writing English.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Experience and/or Education:
* Four-year degree in business/accounting or equivalent
* Commercial loan underwriting experience at a bank, preferred.
* Experience underwriting SBA and/or agri-business credits,
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Central Valley Community Bancorp, Fresno , Commercial Loan Underwriter, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!