Company: WINEGRAPE INSPECTION PROGRAM INC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Inspection Supervisor
1-5Classification: Non-Exempt – Department 1100 – SeasonalReports
To: Inspection ManagerWage: $21.47 – $24.17 HourlyJob
SummaryInspection Supervisor ensures the inspection quality of
Grapes for Wine and By-Products through thorough assessment and
analyses using specific procedural standards for integrity. This
job requires work to be performed in a semi-enclosed elevated
structure. While performing the duties of the job, there may be
exposure to any number of elements present in an outdoor
environment but with none present to the extent of being
disagreeable.Primary Responsibilities and DutiesEssential
FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Technical Capacity
- Train employees to properly operate mechanical and electrical
instruments including computers.
- Train employees in all aspects of company procedure.
- Utilize standard mechanical and electrical instruments
- Process and review associated documentation, including
inspection documents and compliance reports.
- Cost effective shift scheduling while meeting production
- Ensure accuracy and quality specifications.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required.
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent
- Complete inspection and documentation accurately and
efficiently to meet production goals as assigned.
- Possess effective communication and the ability to follow
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Evaluate performance and mentor employees by providing
coaching, motivation, and development.
- Interpersonal skills with experience providing complex,
confidential support with tact and diplomacy.
- Project a favorable image of the company.
- Provide leadership and motivation to foster a cooperative and
harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale
- Be impartial and perform all duties in a professional
- Be flexible, punctual, and dependable.
- Be available to work day, night, weekend, and/or Holiday shifts
(as stated on Conditional Offer).
- Maintain a clean and safe work area for all employees.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision in
accordance with laws, instructions and techniques.
- All Other Duties as Assigned
- While it is impossible to list every duty that may be asked of
an employee, the employer may ask that an employee do other duties
as the business need arises. Physical Demands
- Climbing stairs.
- Constant standing.
- Constant repetitive use of both hands for grasping and fine
- Constant repetitive pushing and pulling of sample tubs (30lbs.
- Frequent twisting at the neck and waist.
- Reaching overhead.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Concentrated mental and visual attention.
- Typing and 10 keys.
- Valid California Driver's License required.
- Valid DMV printout acquired within the last 30 days
- Liability insurance coverage at your expense with a policy
listing you as a driver, in the amounts of $50,000 bodily injury
liability (each person), $100,000 each accident and $50,000
property damage liability.
- Use of your own vehicle equipped with functioning safety belts
and in safe mechanical condition as required by law for work to be
- Day and overnight travel as required.
- Commute to and from work on own time up to 35 miles each way
from the physical address or home department whichever is
- When travel exceeds 70 miles from the physical address or home
department whichever is closest, all mileage will be paid at the
current Federal Mileage rate.
- Transfers between departments on the same work day will qualify
for mileage and drive time.
- Drive time will be paid at $16.00 per hour when trips are in
excess of the reasonable commute.The following violations (on or
off the job) will disqualify employees from the authorized driver
- Three (3) or more moving violations within the preceding 36
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Hit and Run accident.
- Failure to report an accident.
- Operating a vehicle under a suspended or revoked license.
- Homicide, assault or a felony arising from the operation of a
- Reckless Driving/Speed Contest/Racing.Position Type/Expected
Hours of Work
- Full-time seasonal position (hours of work and days vary).
- Eligible for overtime pay (non-exempt according to the Fair
Labor Standards Act).
- Length of service is relative to the grape harvest.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of two years experience supervising three or more
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences (e.g.
staff, winery personnel, etc.).
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Advanced written communication and mathematical skills.
- Intermediate safety knowledge, including safety
assessment.Substitute Eligibility Qualifications
- Completion or Enrollment in 12 semester units and one year
experience supervising three or more people may be substituted for
the required two years experience supervising three or more
- 1,000 hours agricultural related inspection experience can be
substituted for the required two years experience supervising three
or more people.The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by an employee
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
All employment is contingent on being medically and functionally
qualified for the position. Winegrape Inspection Program, Inc. is
an At-Will employer. This means that employment can be terminated,
with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time at
the option of the company or the option of the employee. This job
description is not to be construed as a contract.
Keywords: WINEGRAPE INSPECTION PROGRAM INC, Fresno , Inspection Supervisor, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!