Corporate Compliance Officer
Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: July 31, 2022
The Compliance Officer position establishes and implements an
effective compliance program to prevent illegal, unethical or
improper conduct. The compliance officer acts as staff to the CEO
and Governing Board by monitoring and reporting results of the
compliance and ethics efforts of the company and in providing
guidance for the Board and senior management team on matters
relating to reporting and compliance. The compliance officer,
together with the Compliance Committee, is authorized to implement
all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an
effective compliance program.
The position requires a bachelor's degree. A minimum of ten (10)
years of experience in a healthcare organization are required. Must
be able to demonstrate leadership ability and ability to
communicate effectively orally and in writing. Familiarity with
healthcare laws, regulations and standards. Understanding of coding
and reimbursement systems, risk management and performance
improvement is helpful.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and
procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and
its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper
2. Manages day-to-day operation of the compliance program.
3. Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of
Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing
guidance to management and employees.
4. Collaborates with other departments (for example, human
resources, chief security officer and health information management
director) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing
channels for investigation and resolution.
5. Consults with general counsel as needed to resolve difficult
legal compliance issues.
6. Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies,
procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending
the initiation of investigative procedures.
7. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such
8. Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that
compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being
appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
9. Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of
other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance
activated and to identify trends.
10. Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and
risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for
resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on
how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
11. Provides reports on a regular basis and, as directed or
requested, keeps the Compliance Committee and senior management
informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
12. Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations
to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or
13. Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication
program for the organization, including promoting
A. Heightened awareness of standards of conduct, and
B. Understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related
policies and procedures
14. Works with the human resource department and others as
appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program,
including appropriate introductory training for new employees and
ongoing training for all employees and managers
15. Monitors the performance of the compliance program and related
activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to
improve its effectiveness.
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Fresno , Corporate Compliance Officer, Other , Coalinga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!