Senior Land Planner-ESC-Fresno
Company: Pacific Gas And Electric Company
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Requisition ID # 119506
Job Category : Real Estate / Facilities
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Job Location : Fresno
Land and Environmental is focused on protecting and managing
PG&E's land rights and rights-of-way (ROW), environmental
permitting, and compliance by engaging our employees to better
understand our clients' businesses and provide superior customer
service. Aligning our operations and team with the client
organizations we support with: planning, execution and overall
The Land and Environmental Management, Wildfire Rapid Review team
is responsible for providing land and environmental support to the
Company's approximate 140,000 miles of electric distribution lines,
with a specific focus on the approximate 25,000 miles identified as
within extreme and elevated wildfire risk areas. We establish goals
related to safety, customer service, affordability, land management
and environmental compliance that require a collaborative,
cross-functional effort of employees across the company. Together,
we will become the leading corporate services organization and the
leading utility in U.S.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California
(ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
The Senior Land (Environmental) Planner is responsible for
providing environmental technical project support for the gas and
electric vegetation management activities, construction, and the
operation, and maintenance of PG&E facilities. As a senior
member of multi-disciplinary project teams, the position is
responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Act as the Environmental Lead and therefore main point of
contact for the line of business and coordinating with the various
subject matter experts on their tasks and deadlines;
- Review Federal and State legislation and local development
plans and policies to understand how they would impact PG&E's
- Develop and monitor environmental and land related project
budgets and schedules;
- Identify the need to conduct CEQA/NEPA reviews on projects,
acquire environmental resource discretionary permits, complete the
application process and negotiate the terms of such permits with
the regulatory and land management agencies;
- Perform feasibility and support routing/siting studies;
- Ensure environmental compliance on routine maintenance work and
large construction projects or activities;
- Attend public or agency meetings and present projects via
information programs or public hearings;
- Provide guidance, technical direction, and in coordination with
legal, act as the liaison on environmental issues; and
- Work Supervisor over environmental contractor and manage the
quality of their work product and tasks including contractor
- Environmental review, Permitting, Notifications and compliance:
conduct environmental reviews, obtain discretionary permits and
clearances required for the construction, operation and maintenance
of PG&E's facilities on private, Federal, and State lands.
Coordinate environmental studies for permit acquisition and work
with PG&E environmental specialists to develop protection and
mitigation measures. Work with line of business to implement permit
conditions. During and upon project completion, ensure permit
compliance is implemented and all conditions have been met.
- As necessary, consults with Law Department regarding
- Land use: Research and analyze PG&E and public records to
assess land uses and possible needs to change zoning or public use;
identify possible land constraints and regulatory jurisdictions;
and local, State, and Federal permit requirements associated with
access or encroachment. Develop strategies to mitigate and minimize
public concerns regarding the construction, operation, and
maintenance of PG&E facilities. Provide assistance to other
PG&E internal groups and the line of business to identify
permit triggers, appropriate reviews and local approvals required
for siting of PG&E properties.
- Miscellaneous: Consults with Technical Services clients such
as, but not limited to; General Construction, Project Services,
Distribution Estimating, Engineering, Vegetation Management staff
and contractors, Biologists, Cultural Resource Specialist,
Environmental Field Specialists, Land, and Law Department to
determine the appropriate level of Technical Services involvement.
May be required to oversee and manage the work of contractors
performing any of the job duties listed above.
- BA/BS with emphasis in Land Use/Environmental Planning,
Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Environmental
Management, Biology, or the equivalent in education and/or
- If qualifying education is not in Land/Environmental Planning
the candidate will have successfully completed the core courses for
the Land Use and Environmental Planning certificate program or
equivalent in content and hours of continuing education courses or
seminars; or possess a certificate in Land/Environmental Planning;
or have an American Institute of Certified Planners
- Minimum thirty months/2.5 year's experience in Land Planning,
Environmental Analysis, Resource Management or equivalent.
- Applied knowledge and experience of CEQA/NEPA, CESA/ESA, and
other resource laws, regulations and permit triggers
- Applied knowledge utility vegetation management regulations,
rules and requirements.
- 10 years experience in Land Planning, Discretionary Permit
Analysis, Environmental Analysis, Resource Management or
- Certificate from a Land Use /Environmental Planning program,
AICP certification, or California PLS license.
- Experience with utility vegetation management
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong
team-building and facilitation skills; strong organization skills;
goal oriented, ability to manage concurrent responsibilities.
- Federal and State Land Managing Agency coordination.
Keywords: Pacific Gas And Electric Company, Fresno , Senior Land Planner-ESC-Fresno, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!