Community Engagement Specialist
Company: Wider Circle
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Wider Circle is looking for a Community Engagement Specialist in
Fresno, California to join our circle and play a vital role in
running Connect for Life, our groundbreaking program that connects
neighbors for better health, empowering them to live longer,
healthier lives while finding joy in one another's company. The
successful candidate will radiate confidence while being a gracious
host, skillfully switching between facilitation and teaching. If
you are passionate about serving your community and making
connections, then come join a veteran team backed by blue-chip
investors in our movement to battle healthcare inequity.
Watch to learn more:
- You will lead the Connect For Life program, using Wider Circle
developed curriculum to build trust, promote health, and encourage
- You will plan and host virtual and in-person events for
members, fostering relationships with and between members to help
encourage wellness outcomes.
- You will reach out to members to check in on them and encourage
participation in Connect for Life Chapter events and other small
and large group activities, ensuring members engage with us every
- You will record details of your interactions with members on a
computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- You will identify members who are natural leaders and invite
them to serve as Wider Circle Ambassadors who will help you connect
with members and run events.
- You will connect with prospective members and develop
individualized plans for them to enroll in the Connect For Life
- You will serve as a liaison, connecting members to their health
plans and each other.
- You will create partnerships with local community-based
organizations to bring additional services to our members'
- You will hold yourself accountable for achieving membership
engagement and growth goals.
- You have a passion for helping people and serving others
- You have relevant community outreach, teaching, facilitation,
or volunteer experience; healthcare experience, including CNA/CNT
or CMA/CCMA designations, is a plus.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, both
written and verbal, and are comfortable speaking one-on-one and to
- You have an outgoing personality and unwavering, positive
attitude, with the ability to comfortably engage with others in
person and via video conference or phone.
- You are great at organizing, prioritizing, and following
through on commitments. You thrive when everything is in the right
place, and you've checked all the tasks off your list.
- You have strong computer skills and the ability to navigate
web-based and app-based systems.
- You can work independently in a remote work environment with
- You are committed to a drug-free workplace and ready for
pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks
- Starting at $15-21 per hour commensurate with experience
- Performance-based incentive bonuses
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Full and part-time hours available
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to make the world a better place
- This is a contract position
Wider Circle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does
not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our
commitment to Diversity & Inclusion supports our ability to build
diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We believe
in empowering people and valuing their differences. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of
race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity
or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by
Associated topics: business development, case manager, case
management, development, development manager, liaison, plan,
project development, project management, resource development
Keywords: Wider Circle, Fresno , Community Engagement Specialist, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!