Company: RH Community Builders
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Under general supervision, determines initial and continuing
eligibility for Emergency Rental Assistance; and performs related
work as required.Eligibility Worker is the experienced level
classification in this series and is responsible for determining
applicant/recipient eligibility and benefit levels for direct and
indirect financial assistance under one or more social services
programs. Incumbents are trained and experienced to perform
assignments with minimal supervision and review.The information
listed below is meant to serve as samples of job duties and
responsibilities for positions in this classification. This list is
neither inclusive nor exclusive, but indicative of several types of
duties performed. Consequently, this information does not reflect
Essential Functions for any given position in this
- Interviews applicants seeking Emergency Rental Assistance;
processes applications in accordance with established procedures to
determine initial and continuing eligibility while authorizing
emergency assistance as necessary.
- Verifies applicant/recipient financial resources including real
and personal property.
- Calculates, monitors, and modifies benefit levels as necessary
and coordinates information with companion cases.
- Determines special needs and refers applicants/recipients to
other agencies for additional services.
- Responds to questions in person or by telephone regarding
- Interprets and applies social services program regulations and
explains them to clients.
- Refers cases for fraud investigation as necessary.
- Assists in compilation of documentation and information for
appeals and fair hearings.
- Prepares letters, forms, and case narratives; and completes
surveys for local and state agencies as required.
- May translate to serve public needs. Translating may be in oral
or written form.Knowledge of:
- Case management methods;
- Laws, rules, and regulations applicable to social services
- Interviewing and information gathering methods and
- Organizational and time management methods;
- Basic mathematics including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, and percentages;
- Computer applications and software;
- Principles and practices of effective customer
- Apply laws, rules, and regulations governing eligibility for
- Apply departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines
applicable to social services programs;
- Effectively utilize public and private social services
resources, providers, and agencies;
- Independently assess and evaluate case information to determine
appropriate course of action;
- Adapt to change and learn new processes;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people
of various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds;
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct case
- Multi-task, prioritize, and organize work to meet
- Operate modern office equipment including multi-line telephones
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all
organizational levels, as well as with other agencies and the
- Demonstrate and maintain a high degree of initiative, maturity,
integrity and good judgment.Job Type: Full-timePay: $20.00 - $24.00
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Call center: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: RH Community Builders, Fresno , Eligibility Specialist, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!