HOUSING SPECIALIST - FRESNO HOME (Essential Position)
Company: Mental Health Systems, Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Locate housing opportunities in defined areas to meet
short-term, transitional, and permanent client-housing needs.
- Coordinate and oversee various kinds of oversight agreements,
including master leasing, scattered site leasing,and subsidy
applications, and updates team on a regular basis about housing
alternatives and changes in
- Work closely with program direct service staff to coordinate
appropriate housing options for clients relative tofunctioning
level and individual needs and preferences.
- Work with professionals in the housing industry as well as
advocates for disabled, homeless, senior citizens, veteransand low
to moderate income persons.
- Attend public meetings and engage in community outreach to
provide housing assistance programinformation/education to the
mental health and substance abuse service system.
- Provide clinical interventions as it relates to housing needs:
assist clients in obtaining necessary documentsfor housing
placement, completing housing paperwork, and input client contact
information using program
electronic health record.
- Work directly with Housing Coordinator to address clients'
- Assist clients by driving them to housing locations and helping
them to secure required documents for housingplacement.
- Comply with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures
including HIPAA standards.QUALIFICATIONS
- A.A. in social services field and three years of related work
experience providing housing-related socialservices to clients.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of related work experience
providing housing-related social services toclients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of housing needs of individuals with
- Experience and ability to engage culturally diverse
- Ability to interact positively with persons of diverse
socio-economic backgrounds and education and maintain
thedistinction between therapeutic and social relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to
effectively communicate with clients, family members,community
leaders, housing professionals and staff members.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and EHR
- Ability to problem solve and react appropriately to emergency
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with
a team.PAY RANGE: $20 - $22 / HOURLY
- Bachelors or better in Psychology or related fieldEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Mental Health Systems, Inc, Fresno , HOUSING SPECIALIST - FRESNO HOME (Essential Position), Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!