Heavy Equipment Technician II (SPoT) - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Heavy Equipment Technician II (SPoT)
GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace and ensures safety is the
highest priority in the workplace.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains construction
and heavy equipment.
- Corrects deficiencies in components and ancillary
- Performs service, maintenance, repairs and overhauls in
accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Performs equipment repairs in response to maintenance requests,
in the shop or in field locations.
- Uses diagnostic procedures and test equipment to identify and
correct equipment faults.
- Analyzes and diagnoses mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
electric, and electronic faults.
- Operates shop equipment including cranes, compressors, presses,
grinders, hand tools, and tire servicing equipment.
- Lifts, moves and/or installs heavy parts and assemblies safely,
using basic tooling and PPE. May perform work outside in
severe weather conditions.
- Complies with all ASC Quality Assurance and Environmental
Health & Safety requirements and goals. Provides documentation
as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
- May work days, nights or swing shifts depending on operational
- Assists other mechanics and members of the Traverse and VMF
team as required.
- Documents all work performed including diagnosis, root cause,
labor and materials. Conducts research, requests parts, and
maintains records. Prepares reports as required.
- Operates heavy equipment on assigned traverse for no less than
a 50-day duration to the South Pole and back at least once, max
- Live and work in close quarters with up to 10 people for the
duration to the traverse.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Two years training at a technical school is highly
- Valid driver’s license required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in heavy equipment
maintenance and repair required, or four years’ experience with
heavy equipment maintenance and repair in addition to one summer or
winter Antarctic deployment working as a heavy equipment
- ASE certifications, and dealership certifications a plus.
- Must be able to live and work with as a productive member of a
high functioning team.
- Experience on a broad range of construction equipment,
specifically Caterpillar tractors, is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended
periods is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move heavy parts,
assemblies and equipment.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities
including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment,
crawling, and working outdoors.
- Must successfully complete physical, dental and psychological
(if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF for deploying
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse”
(chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station),
recycling efforts and safety objectives.
- PAE covers all program related expenses for travel to and
from Antarctica as well as housing and food while
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Fresno , Heavy Equipment Technician II (SPoT) - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!