Health Practitioner, Employee Health - Fresno/Clovis, CA
Company: Community Medical Centers Refresh
Posted on: October 3, 2021
Provides primary healthcare to patients and families, focusing on
health maintenance, disease prevention, patient education and
counseling. Works under direct supervision of a physician following
established guidelines as required and within established scope of
1. Provides treatment and medically manages common illnesses,
exposures and injuries complying with written departmental medical
protocols and procedures. Completes required medical documentation
within established timeframes.
2. Under direct supervision of the Medical Director and Supervisor
Health Practitioner provides supervision of clinical nursing team
and clinical systems to assure quality medical services are
3. Advises worker's compensation case manager on reasonable
accommodation when employee is released to modified work
4. Provides assessments of illness/discriminates between normal and
abnormal findings as determined by protocols and determines
employee's ability to remain at work or to be relieved of duty
during minor illnesses.
5. Assures referral to appropriate providers when patients require
subspecialty medical attention beyond the area's scope of
6. Performs physical exams on post offer/pre-employment employees
and periodic employees.
7. Dispenses selected medications as prescribed by protocols.
8. Ensures that employees are counseled regarding use, dosage and
possible side effects of medications at time of dispensing.
9. Contributes to the education of health care workers regarding
occupational hazards and preventive steps to ensure employee health
10. Performs assigned duties in a safe and healthful manner,
observing established safety policies and practices, calling to
management's attention actual or potential hazards requiring
correction. Attends training session identifying safety
11. Performs all duties in compliance with applicable regulatory
standards. Maintains required licensing, knowledge base and
continuing education to ensure compliance with Joint Commission,
Title 22 and other guidelines. Notifies management of any breaches
of standards and contributes to improvement processes.
12. Demonstrates competency in providing age-specific care to
patients. Utilizes knowledge of age-related developmental and
psycho-social needs in assessing and providing treatment for each
patient. Participates in continuing education/training on an
ongoing basis to retain and enhance this competency.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Completion of a Nurse Practitioner program or Physician Assistant
• Credentialed by the CMC Medical Staff Office as an Allied Health
Professional and privileged to perform Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant standardized procedures required
• 2 years of clinical experience in Occupational Health
Licenses and Certifications
• BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
by American Heart Association (AHA) required
• If qualifying as a Nurse Practitioner, the following is
o NP - Current State of California Nurse Practitioner License
o NPF - Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number required
• If qualifying as a Physician Assistant, the following is
o PA - State of California Physician Assistant License required
Please note: Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are
required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved
exemption and test regularly.
Keywords: Community Medical Centers Refresh, Fresno , Health Practitioner, Employee Health - Fresno/Clovis, CA, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!