Posted on: September 9, 2021
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of
global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service
and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and
businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding
expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to
going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better
Position Summary :
Provides medical management to workers compensation injured
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs case management through telephonic contact with all
medical providers, employers, claims professionals and ancillary
- Manage medical care in order to return injured employee to
preinjury status. .
- Reviews services of medical and rehabilitation providers and
arranges for and coordinates appropriate evaluation, treatment, and
- Communicates with physician, injured worker, employer, referral
source, and any other resource involved in worker's rehabilitation
- Evaluates home care services and equipment and determines need
for home modifications.
- Coordinates home care.
- Communicates with employers to determine job requirements of
pre-injury occupation and to explore light-duty, modified, or
alternate employment as necessary.
- Analyzes results of treatment and medical status and reviews
incoming provider reports.
- Identifies suitable employment opportunities consistent with
individual's medical limitations/capabilities, aptitudes, and
interests to restore individual to maximum independence.
- Generates reports to referral source to communicate case
status, findings, and recommendations.
- Generates correspondence to referral source, medical providers,
injured worker and other parties involved in the rehabilitation
- Participates in case conferences over the telephone, and
participates in internal and external training to enhance and
maintain medical proficiency.
- Documents case management observations, assessment, and plan in
- Must maintain a case load to support at minimum 145 hours of
billable or inventory of minimum of 72 files monthly with 95%
Quality compliance expected.
- Associate's degree from an accredited school of nursing and a
minimum of 3 years clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Active Registered Nursing license within the state of
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Worker's Compensation experience is preferred.
- Certification in related field preferred.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of managed care with emphasis
on use of criteria , guidelines and national standards of
- Demonstrates good written and oral communications,
organizational and leadership skills. Computer literate.
- Demonstrates good time management skills. Self starter.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV
online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any
offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion
of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United
States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or
Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among
other things, post-employment obligations relating to
non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal
employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor
any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national
origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran
status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived
sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to,
recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion,
compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition,
Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or
mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a
disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business.
Keywords: Gallagher, Fresno , Nurse Consultant, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!