Plan Sponsor Liaison (PSL) supports development of the West
Market membership. Employee in this role is critical to provide
ongoing support of the growing West Region markets.
- Leads process improvement initiatives to improve
productivity, accuracy and/or customer service and tool
- Manages assigned projects and ensure project plans
and/or work tasks are in alignment with overall
organization goals. (*)
- May evaluate complex and/or high visibility cases,
identify risks and recommend appropriate measures to
manage risks while growing or retaining membership;
responds to internal/external complaints; interprets and
provides clarification/documentation on new policies and
processes; and participate in broker/customer meetings.
(*) Some travel may be required 0-40%.
- Mentors, coaches and assists with the development of
training for staff; provides technical expertise critical
achieving key performance measures and finalizing cost-
effective decisions relative to benefit plan administration;
may review the work of others or assist in quality
assurance initiatives. (*)
- Collaborates cross-functionally as well as cross-
departmental to achieve business goals; influences
change/ enhancement to business processes, policies
and system infrastructure to improve information quality,
availability, and access. (*)
- Collaborates with market leadership, sales leadership,
and IPA delegated entities to solve membership inquiries
- Supports sales/market teams at member meetings
- Oversees the escalation QuickBase and any additional
- Takes on additional tasks to support the MSO with projects and
programs as needed.
- 2+ years recent and related experience required dedicated
to reporting and customer resolution.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and requirements.
- Problem solving skills and motivated.
- Candidate who takes initiative and is excellent at time
- Prefer knowledge of Health Rules Payor, Guided
Personal Service, Market Prominence, and Quickbase
- Medicare knowledge and experience servicing members
on HMO and NextGen platforms.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency preferred
which includes, formulas, pivot tables, trend reporting, and
cross walking data. If candidate is motivated to learn will be
High School Diploma and higher learning AA, AS, BA, BS
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common
purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are
working to transform health care through innovations that make
quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and
patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the
individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that
puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive
workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or
promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age,
disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and
encourage people with military experience (active, veterans,
reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply
for CVS Health job opportunities.