Senior Informatics Consultant Lead
Company: Aetna Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Responsible for the successful design and delivery of complex
analyses and reporting solutions to meet business needs. Interacts
directly with internal customers and colleagues in the development
of reporting and analytic solutions. Acts as a project lead for
complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks. Provides
mentoring to other team members.
- Collaborates with internal partners and organizations in the
design and development of business intelligence and reporting
solutions to support business needs.
- Develops, validates, and executes complex queries, develops
complex reports, and performs complex data analysis that answers
business questions for internal customers; interprets results, and
makes recommendations to business areas based on findings.
- Develops project plans and timelines; responsible for project
commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
- Evaluates data needs of assigned projects, assures data
integrity and suitability, and determines data collection methods,
metrics definitions and evaluation methods.
- Turns data into actionable information through reporting
- Troubleshoots technical details / issues.
- Presents analysis and reports to internal customers and
- Acts as a mentor to other analysts.
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence reporting platforms
and programming tools and methods.
- 7 or more years' experience with a combination of one or more
of the following skillsets: advanced programming and data
transformation skills (e.g., SAS, SQL, HQL, Python, R, etc.) using
large data warehouse environments AND/OR advanced reporting
automation and business intelligence development skills (e.g.,
Excel/Access/VBA, Visual Studio/SSIS, Alteryx, etc.) AND/OR
advanced data visualization and dashboard development skills (e.g.,
Power BI / Tableau). SAS experience is a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets from multiple data
sources and understanding of relational databases, data systems,
and data warehouses.
- Extensive and diverse knowledge of business operational
metrics, systems, and standards - knowledge of clinical operations
metrics a plus; demonstrated subject matter expertise in multiple
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to
non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Experience leading project teams; strong collaboration skills
with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, critical thinking and
project management skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects
Additional Job Information
The Clinical Operations Reporting team has a blend of skillsets,
including data query specialists (with SAS/SQL experience) and
report development specialists (with Power BI, Tableau,
The position can be staffed in a variety of locations. External
candidates would need to be in a location that permits in-office
work in an Aetna office where there is a clinical services presence
(see location list). Exemplary candidates in other locations may be
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common
purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are
working to transform health care through innovations that make
quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and
patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the
individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that
puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive
workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or
promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age,
disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and
encourage people with military experience (active, veterans,
reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply
for CVS Health job opportunities.
Keywords: Aetna Inc., Fresno , Senior Informatics Consultant Lead, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!