High school diploma or GED required. One to Three years experience
in office environment including computer applications, processing
cash and credit transactions.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced atmosphere with little
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, coworkers, vendors and
- Ability to perform basic operations on a personal computer and
peripheral equipment such as printers.
- Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to work Saturdays as a regular work day. Flexible in work
schedule, to accommodate vacations/sick, medial or personal
*NATURE OF WORK
This is an entry-level skilled work position consisting of a range
of clerical and operational duties. This position is responsible
for operating the weigh scales, scale computer and software
programs, data entry, cashier duties, record keeping and ensuring
the safety of the customer and other employees through observation
of safety and regulations.
Scale house is also required to screen and record incoming loads at
the scale house, direct vehicles entering and leaving the
*SCALEHOUSE OPERATOR STANDARDS
This position reports directly to the Office Manager and must be
able to function with minimal supervision. Work in this position
requires the ability to multi-task and fill in where
* ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The scale house operator is responsible for helping to maintain the
day-to-day operation and administrative duties associated with
operation of the scale(s) and office assistant
Actual duties include:
-Provide prompt and courteous service to all employees, customers
and vendors in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Ensure that trucks are properly positioned on scales for accurate
- Inspect loads and query drivers as required. Enter load
information and customer/truck information into computer and
operate computerized truck scale to determine weight of
- Instruct the drivers to the appropriate area based upon load
Notify proper personnel on incoming loads of recyclable
- Operate computer to process proper charges to be assigned for
each load, and generate weight ticket on printer. Assign and
collect fees from established rate schedules for customers, perform
other duties as assigned, including data entry, closing and
reconciliation of cash drawer at end of day, recording outbound
shipments and preparing necessary documentation and
- File weight tickets for each load, record and secure receipts,
and maintain records of all incoming/outgoing loads that cross the
- Answer scale house/office telephones, respond to public's
questions regarding prices, Complete daily scale/receipt reports,
and maintain logs, spreadsheets and other reports, as
Provide general upkeep of the Scale House.
Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Will be required to work overtime in some cases, weekends and
during emergency conditions.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt,
odors, noise, and weather.
Scale House is Open: Monday through Friday 6:00 am to 5:30 pm and