Company: Clinica Sierra Vista
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Medical Assistant (M.A.) and Certified Medical Assistants
(CMA) under direct supervision will perform routine patient care,
technical and supportive functions in a medical clinic setting. The
Medical Assistant/ Certified Medical Assistant will function within
the scope of practice as described by the State of California
- Perform routine patient care functions as prescribed by
licensed heath care providers following established clinical
protocols, policies and procedures within their scope of education,
training and responsibilities.
- Facilitate the practice of their assigned provider (s) Perform
routine clerical functions as assigned (making appointments,
telephone calls etc.).
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by provider
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor
surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as
directed by Infection Control Policies.
- Provide basic information and assistance to patients under the
direction of the licensed personnel.
- Document pertinent patient information, nursing procedures and
patient response, following established guidelines and maintaining
- Any handwritten documentation must be dated, legible and with
the appropriate signature to all entries (first initial, last name
and title). All pre-printed prompts are to be answered.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in the care of the
newborn, infant, toddler, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric
patients ranging from 0-100+years of age.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Other duties as required.
Principle Job Duties and Skills:
Patient Care/ Procedures:
- Explain purpose and process of examinations, tests and medical
procedures to patients, following established guidelines.
- Provide information to patients on general health and basic
self care guidelines.
- Instruct patients in use of home equipment as instructed.
- Provide patient first aid as ordered by provider.
- Apply basic orthopedic devices as ordered by provider.
- Apply and remove dressings as ordered by provider.
- Follow standard infection control procedures.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including basic CPR) and assist
in emergency patient treatments.
- Observe patient vital signs.
- Observe patients for bleeding.
- Perform inhalation therapy as ordered by provider.
- Prepare and position patients for physical examinations.
- Prepare instruments for the disinfection process using
- Rinse and clean instruments and equipment after successfully
completing competency training.
- Sterilize instruments and equipment after successfully
completing competency training.
- Check all dated supplies monthly for outdates.
- Identify equipment in need of repair and complete the "Repair
- Disinfect medical equipment and maintain a clean work area
- Answer patient inquiries within the scope of practice for
- Respond to Code blues.
- Take and record patient vital signs, height, weight, etc.
- Obtain and record responses to all prompted questions on
- Complete appropriate forms for lab analysis, radio logic
testing and specialized testing forms.
- Perform CLIA Waive testing according to policies after
successfully completing competency training.
- Log CLIA Waive testing according to policy after successfully
completing competency training.
- Perform Quality checks on all CLIA Waive testing according to
policy after successfully completing competency training.
- Perform vision screening using Snellen charts.
- Perform hearing testing using an approved Audiometer.
- Perform skin tests.
- Assist providers in obtaining tissue specimens and
- Support patients during procedures.
- Perform EKG'S.
- Administer topical or aerosol medications in accordance with
California State law per provider order.
- Interpret for providers and staff when necessary.
- Daily and monthly inspections of the emergency equipment,
following established guidelines.
- Perform venipuncture and finger sticks to obtain blood samples,
following established protocols after successfully completing
- Participates in the orientation of Providers, students and new
- Obtain and prepare specimens from patients (urine, stool, etc.)
for lab analysis.
- Administer medication, injections and immunizations per
provider order and using standing orders.
- Utilize the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to record chief
compliant (reason for visit), vital signs, current medications,
allergies, and other required health screenings.
- Certified Medical Assistants can assist with the training and
orienting of new staff to equipment, duties and clinic
- Complete patient forms as appropriate.
- Participate in the Referral Process for patients to be seen by
- Request medical records.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Prepare outgoing mail.
- Record and send Fax's.
- Maintain department logs.
- Prepare post cards as directed.
- Order medical supplies and equipment as required.
- Receive store and distribute materials and supplies.
- Serve as resource to coworkers by answering procedure questions
and problem solving.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Train and orient new staff to equipment, general duties, and
procedures. Maintain proficiency in clinical skills.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Call in telephone prescriptions following established
- Responsible for knowing the policy manuals pertaining to their
- Records refrigerator and freezer temperatures (MUST contact
appropriate Supervisor if temps. are abnormal).
- On a temporary basis, may be required to work at any satellite
- Bending/Twisting 10%
- Walking 20%
- Sitting 15%
- Push/Pulling 5%
- Reaching Overhead 5%
- Driving N/A
- Standing 30%
- Kneeling/Crawling/Stooping 5%
- Repetitive Motion 10% (Keyboard)
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
Clinica Sierra Vista values human rights, goodwill, respect,
inclusivity, equality, and recognizes that the organization derives
its strength from a rich diversity of thoughts, ideas, and
contributions. As leaders in healthcare industry, we aspire to be
an employer of choice by promoting an organizational culture that
reflects these core values. We seek to attract, develop, and retain
a talented and dedicated workforce where people of diverse races,
genders, religions, cultures, political affiliations and lifestyles
thrive. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment
that empowers our employees to provide the highest level of service
to our community of residents and businesses; they're counting on
Clinica Sierra Vista is an equal opportunity employer and
strives to attract qualified applicants from all walks of life
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national
origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, ancestry, physical disability, mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and
veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state
and/or local law. We aim to create an environment that celebrates
and embraces the diversity of our workforce. We welcome you to join
Open Availability( 5'8, 4'10s or 3'12s)
Keywords: Clinica Sierra Vista, Fresno , Medical Assistant, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!