SUMMARY: The Plant Engineer under
limited supervision from the Director of Engineering is responsible
in fulfilling and achieving the objectives and goals of the
I. Coordinate activities of maintenance Department with the
needs of the Management,
Production, Laboratory, Safety and Security.
2. Establish priorities for maintenance and repair work.
3. Management of projects and repairs to facility and
4. Evaluate facility problems, develop solutions and provide
recommendations for performance
improvement of facilities and equipment.
5. Write detailed specifications, prepare bid proposals and
obtain bids for projects.
6. Requisition tools, equipment and repairs need for facility
repair and maintenance.
7. Establish standards for Maintenance Department.
8. Measure performance of the Maintenance Department.
9. Design, reverse engineer and create sketches or (CAD)
drawings of replacement parts,
equipment and facility layout.
10. Convey grievances and personnel issues of maintenance
department to Director of
II. Stay current and comply with Regulatory mandates that affect
the property, facility and
operations. Prepare Regulatory reports for government agencies.
12. Maintain file history and specifications officially,
equipment and repairs.
13. Preparation of maintenance and facility budget. Monitor
expenditure of funds in budget and
prepare report for causes of budget variances.
14. Inventory and assist in sales of the surplus assets of the
facility. Develop and maintain sales
tools, such' as website for surplus assets.
Ensure consistent up time of facilities and equipment.Ensure
continuous supply of electric power, gas, steam and air needed for
operations.Reduce costs for operation and maintenance of facilities
and equipment.Timely response to facility, equipment and repair
needs of the Management, Production,
Laboratory, Safety and Security.Achieve assigned goals.Management
of Maintenance Departments of both facilities.Overall direction,
coordination, evaluation and performance of Maintenance and
Powered by JazzHR