PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To
Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high
quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are
currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Landscape Supervisor
Job Code: 921 - PR-Landscape Supvr
HR Title Group: Commercial Contracts (Custodial & Landscape)
Salary Grade: N18
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: September 2020
There are direct reports with this position.
Under broad supervision, the Landscape Supervisor oversees
grounds maintenance staff activities in installing and maintaining
landscaped areas, roads, and parking lots of assigned facilities.
Employees in this job class schedule, supervise, and perform work
to assure grounds are maintained in safe and pristine condition.
This job class requires knowledge of landscaping practices,
standards, supplies and equipment; and the ability to organize,
schedule and supervise the work of staff in multiple locations.
1. * Coordinates, directs, and manages staff in performing
landscape maintenance activities and improvement projects at
2. * Prioritizes, assigns, and schedules job tasks, and adjusts
schedules as necessary in response to weather conditions or staff
3. * Oversees work activities and reviews work to ensure it is
performed safely, on-time, and according to established procedures,
regulations, and guidelines.
4. * Supervises staff and ensures their competence and
motivation through effective hiring, training, counseling,
supervising and performance reviews.
5. * Provides staff work instruction and training in the safe
and proper use of equipment and chemicals.
6. Serves as an informational resource regarding grounds
7. * Conducts and participates in a variety of departmental and
other meetings on a regular basis.
8. * Provides friendly and helpful customer service within the
terms of the contract.
9. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- Three years of experience in landscaping including one year in
a supervisory role;
- Knowledge of landscape maintenance standards and techniques,
materials, and the safe and proper use of chemicals;
- Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety
- Knowledge of safe operation of construction and landscaping
industrial equipment, such as front loaders, backhoes, forklifts,
trenchers, and mowers;
- Knowledge of departmental operations and procedures, and
- Computer literacy including skill to operate word processing
and spreadsheet software applications;
- Ability to train employees in proper departmental practices
and procedures, including safety and proper use of tools and
- Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide
training and work instruction, administer performance management
and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee
- Communications skills to provide procedural and information,
both orally and in writing; and respond to questions from
customers, employees, and others;
- Customer service skills to act responsively to inquiries and
requests, and escalate the more difficult matters
- Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending
on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees may experience the following physical demands for
extended periods of time:
Sitting and/or talking on the phone
Standing, and/or walking
Viewing computer monitor requiring close vision
Bending and stooping
Exposure to toxic substances
Exposure to wind, rain, cold, and heat
Noise from equipment in work site environment
Majority of work is performed on job sites, in an environment
with various tools, maintenance and construction equipment.
Remainder of work is performed in a regular office environment.
Frequent travel to job sites is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this
job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisors
instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization
that blends business with a social mission, please apply online
atwww.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal
contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
all federal, state, and local laws.