Electrical Controls Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BW Integrated Systems is an industry leader in the design and
manufacture of end-of-line packaging equipment solutions and
packaging automation, as well as systems integration. With seven
manufacturing facilities and more than 800 team members worldwide,
BW Integrated Systems is a global partner for our customers and has
installations in more than 50 countries around the world. Our
products and service network provide differentiated technology and
technical support for manufacturing companies in a variety of
global market segments, including automotive, beer and beverage,
wine, spirits, container manufacturing, food, household, personal
care, dairy, paper, pharmaceutical, and consumer mailing and
collating. BW Integrated Systems packaging professionals have
decades of application experience in robotic solutions, packaging
line design, integrated solutions, palletizers and depalletizers,
automated can-end and product-handling equipment, case- and
tray-packing, case- and tray-forming, advanced conveyance
technology and controls, unwrappers, destrappers, feeders, coolers
and pasteurizers.Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier
of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the
packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational
strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a
$3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a
common belief: to use the power of business to build a better
Purpose: Provide controls engineering to support and lead new
product development and custom application projects as well as
develop electronic control solutions using current technology that
meet market and/or customer requirements. The position will assist
and lead troubleshooting efforts performing service-related tasks
to support products in the field.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create electrical designs and new programs for new machines and
machine upgrades following industry standards.
- Troubleshoot electrical and software designs in-house and for
other BW Integrated Systems and customer sites.
- Work with vendors to assure quality and best value for
specified electronic components.
- Determine and execute a plan to achieve desired approval agency
- Create and maintain bills of material for machine control
- Ensure all documentation is updated to reflect controls
- Manage machine controls section of a machine contract from
order entry to machine commissioning, including warranty
- Assist both internal and external customers with problem
- Provide controls engineering and quoting assistance to
applications engineering sales team.
- Continued education in latest technical and engineering
developments, technology, techniques and components.
- Manage time to estimate and meet project timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree Electrical Engineering and 5 years related
experience, or a 2 year post high school diploma/certificate in
electrical design and a minimum of 10 years of relevant
- Electrical schematic and hardware design using AutoCad
- Programming skills using PLCS and HMIs
- Must have experience in Robotic automation applications.
- Servo and motion control programming
- VFD programming and setup
- Demonstrate effective verbal communication skills and effective
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Travel 20%-50% at times including some international
- Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Professional Engineering Registration
- Allen Bradley control systems experience
- Knowledgeable of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Mechanical aptitude of complex automated machinery
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to
pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, background screening
and/or skills assessments.
BWIS US - Reedley
Keywords: Barry-Wehmiller, Fresno , Electrical Controls Engineer, Other , fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!