Janitor Full-time 2nd Shift
Company: Gap Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2021
About Gap Inc. Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the
world.---Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone---has
access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes
the potential of every woman,---regardless of body size, age or
ethnicity. Banana---Republic believes in sustainable luxury for
all. And Gap---inspires the world to bring individuality to modern,
responsibly made---essentials.------------ This simple idea—that we
all deserve to belong,---and on our own terms—is core to who we are
as a---company and how we make decisions.---Our team is made up of
thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and
do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.---Ready
to------learn fast, create with audacity---and lead boldly? Join
our team.About the role This position is responsible for the
cleaning and upkeep of the Distribution Center. This includes the
warehouse and office areas of the facility. Works within safety
guidelines and under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor and
Assistant Supervisor.1. Job FunctionsWhat you'll do
- General Mechanical Aptitude - Ability to perform cleaning and
to lift 25 lbs. Proven abilities through past experience, either
formal or informal training.
- Department Safety - Responsible for following all safety
guidelines and procedures.
- Maintenance Supply Management - Ensure maintenance supply
department maintains accurate and economically balanced level of
janitorial supplies, tools (mops or dust brooms) and
- Other duties as assigned.2. Responsibilities and Evaluation
- Clean and sanitize all restrooms daily.
- Clean all air vents.
- Clean all windows.
- Clean all floors and shampoo carpets.
- Clean spills.
- Empty trash and recycle bins (cans and paper).
- Notify Assistant Maintenance Supervisor of any building
problems (i.e. leaking faucets, burnt out light bulbs, inoperable
- Stock janitorial closets with supplies.
- Keep janitorial supplies at or above the minimum reorder
- Make supply purchasing recommendations to the Assistant
- Provide training to new custodians.
- Work area must be clean and neat.
- Assist in each department when needed.
- Willingness to work any and all shifts, including weekends and
overtime. Maintain a high level of contact with DC associates and
management, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance
Technicians and Maintenance Coordinator. Work closely with local
vendors and contractors to support company projects. Key
relationships with Maintenance Supervisor, management staff,
maintenance staff and DC associates.Who you are1) Knowledge, skills
- Promoting teamwork
- Customer focus
- Provide feedback
- General Aptitude and Skill
- 1 year of practical experience as a custodian
- Time Management
- Strong written and oral communication2) Minimum educational
- High School3) Minimum experience:
- 1 year minimum maintenance custodian and/or professional
trade.4) Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must present a professional demeanor and appearance at all
times. This will include, but not limited to, facial hair being
well trimmed, hair pulled back and combed, and having a clean, well
- Attire must include leather boots, long pants, and shirts with
sleeves. Jewelry is not permitted.Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced
merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet
and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month
to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions
up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- of the benefits we offer. *For eligible employees
Keywords: Gap Inc., Fresno , Janitor Full-time 2nd Shift, Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!