Posted on: March 26, 2020
OverviewSchedule, coordinate and supervise production and
workforce engaged in one assigned project task, on a single
construction project. What you will be doing
- Supervises assigned project work and liaises between
engineering, estimating, and workforce to ensure project compliance
with contract drawings and specifications.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work
schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule
with direct reports and updates weekly schedule from project
- Reviews and understands the project specifications to support
job set up activities. Works with work crews, field engineers and
local utility companies to identify hazardous areas on job
- Forecasts the work schedule to identify possible issues and
provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate
- Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks
including construction methods, work plan and material
requirements, safety and schedule activities. Documents daily
activities and meeting notes using Company approved document
- Performs additional assignments per management s
- Presents production work plan during initial project meeting to
ensure all project crews and leaders are in alignment.
- Coordinates with internal equipment team and external vendors
to ensure that project work is equipped with appropriate equipment
and material quantities to complete production within assigned
budget and schedule.
- Coordinates with internal and external departments to ensure
all mandated inspections are completed within requested
- Supports and promotes strict adherence to safety and process
controls regarding operating equipment, worksite safety and
documentation requirements. Responsibility includes recommending
training needs identified on jobsite.
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding
assigned project work. Recommends work schedule or work method
adjustments regarding sub-contractor activities, as needed.
- Coordinates project close out activities in line with Company
standards and Owner checklist requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.What
we are looking for
- 5+ years of heavy civil construction experience required.
- 3+ years construction management experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree a plus.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification preferred.
- Valid Driver s License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and
- Advanced knowledge of construction site safety protocols and
proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage
rules, if applicable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract
specific plans and specifications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistics, and fundamentals geometry. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.Why work for usSome of the benefits you may
be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
employer. Associated topics: administrator, construction,
consultant, director, healthcare, manager, site, site supervisor,
Keywords: Flatiron, Fresno , Structures Superintendent., Other , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!