Principal Software Engineer Full Stack w/ Back End focus, (remote)
Company: Ad Hoc Team
Posted on: November 22, 2022
This is a fully remote position. Work on things that matter Ad
Hoc is a digital services company that helps the government better
serve people through modern technology and product development
practices. Some examples of the services we support include
Healthcare.gov and VA.gov, both of which are used by millions of
people. We help implement modern technologies that government
agencies are increasingly interested in, bringing in best practices
as we do: among other things, this includes API design,
implementation, and governance; platform infrastructure for
developers; responsive, accessible websites; and mobile
applications. Principal Software Engineers are expert engineers
with significant technical experience and exposure. They have
demonstrated success and expertise with large systems. While they
are capable of leading large teams and understand the nuance of
interactions between people, technical systems, and processes, they
are most influential as thought leaders who proactively create new
areas of opportunity for the company and programs within their
sphere of influence. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be
- Demonstrating significant technical competence and ownership to
broad audiences while driving progress on company strategic
objectives at multiple levels.
- Maintaining a wide and productive sphere of influence within
and outside the company.
- Generating and articulating technical strategy to diverse
audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Proactively creating and exploring new areas of opportunity for
- Shaping future work streams from clients on their program and
related programs, with a focus on overall client success.
- Mentoring, guiding, and coaching other engineers at the
company, with a focus on technical excellence and leadership.
- Defining and delivering minimal viable products independently
or with new teams given ambiguous requirements.
- Maintaining strong ties and familiarity with at least one major
technical ecosystem (through either maintenance or participation in
major communities and projects).
- Shipping software that impacts the lives of millions of
- Using modern programming languages and frameworks to build
scalable services that gracefully integrate with legacy
- Working with our own APIs and third-party APIs to build
amazing, effective digital services.
- Helping us continuously, iteratively improve. What we hope
- Minimum of 12 years of broad software development
- Experience communicating to both technical and non technical
- Experience with content heavy websites
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with Azure Enterprise Cloud
- Experience with Google Analytics and Git Hub
- A deep understanding of full stack development.
- Experience integrating API endpoints that support our digital
services as well as third-party services.
- Solid spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- A commitment to agility, flexibility, and iteration.
- Experience and understanding of at least one agile methodology,
such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, or SAFe. More than that, our ideal
candidate wants to contribute to work that is bigger than
themselves and wants to make a difference collaborating with their
team. They care deeply about building better products, better
relationships, and better trust in each interaction people have
with their government. They believe in intuitive, easy-to-use
government services. They collaborate well with designers,
stakeholders, and other teams. They mentor and guide more junior
engineers. They're human-centered. And if you don't check every box
on the list? That doesn't mean you can't help us in our mission to
deliver critical government services. Talk to us! Some basic
- All work must be conducted within the U.S., excluding U.S.
territories. Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be
eligible for employment.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in
the future without sponsorship.
- As a government contractor, you may be required to obtain a
public trust security clearance.
- 12 years of experience and a Masters Degree
- 16 years of experience and a Bachelor's Degree
- Our technical screening involves completing a homework
assignment that is then graded blind to remove bias. We do not do
tricky, unreliable whiteboarding tests. You can read more about our
homework here . Benefits
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend Ad
Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age,
pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status,
political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the
law protects from employment discrimination. In support of
theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across
the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we
reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with
little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've
outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range
of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of
experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this
role is $135,771 - $174,227 and information on benefits offered is
here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may
have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary
Keywords: Ad Hoc Team, Fresno , Principal Software Engineer Full Stack w/ Back End focus, (remote), IT / Software / Systems , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!