Payroll Assistant for Charter school
Company: Aspen Public Schools, Inc.
Posted on: May 24, 2023
As part of the payroll team, under the direct supervision of the Human Resource, the Payroll Assistant aids in the processing and reviewing of the bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls. Complying with friends of the court, garnishment and tax levy laws and regulations. This position is also responsible for the Onboarding training and scheduling of interviewers for open posting. This person must perform work of a specialized and confidential nature. This person must interpret and understand both University policy and federal tax regulations and State labor law guidelines in order to process payrolls in compliance with the law.
* Payroll Timekeeper: Ensure effective review of timecards for accuracy. Notifying supervisor of errors and omissions.
* Knowledge of federal and state laws, policies and regulations in order to questions and aid in the processing of W2 and W4 forms
* Use software for processing payroll. For example: Paycor, Inova
* Review and evaluate work for accuracy and proper input and processing of hours, calculations, taxes and deductions, processing of manual checks and other payroll maintenance actions, summaries and reports as requested by supervisor
* Efficiently coordinate payroll tasks and strictly follow company policies and legal regulations.
* Process and maintain records and compliance for child support, bankruptcy orders, garnishments and tax levies. Work directly with Human Resources on worker's compensation, sick leave and short-term disability issues.
* Responsible for variety of clerical duties related to employee onboarding, payroll, attendance, and record keeping as well as providing support to the Human Resource with maintenance of personnel files, orientation, hourly recruiting and scheduling
* Assist in posting (Aspen internal, Edjoin, Indeed) job opportunities and reviewing potential candidates.
* Interact with department managers, supervisors, and employees on a daily basis in a professional manner
* Customer service/ receptionist for our CMO Office.
* Additional task and projects assigned as needed
* Previous experience as a Payroll/ HR Assistant
* Minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
* Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills.
* Knowledge and understanding of IRS, DOL, and Social Security regulations pertaining to payroll
* In-Depth knowledge working with child support orders, garnishments, and tax levies.
* Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
* Demonstrated experience to successfully use Microsoft Office software including excel and work.
* Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
* Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others (students).
* Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
* Payroll/ HR experience required
* Higher education experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
* Retirement plan
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fresno, CA 93704: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Aspen Public Schools, Inc., Fresno , Payroll Assistant for Charter school, Human Resources , Fresno, California
here to apply!