Area LP Manager
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) drives shrink improvement
and asset protection programs for two (2) to four (4) Districts
which contain approximately 25-65 Ulta Beauty Stores.? The Area
Loss Prevention Manager is responsible to assess store procedures,
promote awareness and methods to prevent, protect and control
losses and protect company assets and make recommendations to
improve inventory shrinkage, safety and overall store controls.?
The ALPM acts on behalf of the company to prevent, minimize, and/or
recover losses when they occur.? The ALPM collaborates with all
levels of Store Operations, Supply Chain and Corporate associates
(i.e. District Managers, General Managers and Regional Vice
Presidents) and local Law Enforcement while initiating and
conducting internal/external investigations, interviews, training
and store audits. In all we do, we strive to uphold the company?s
values in which we win together, give wow experiences, improve
always, do what?s right and, love what we do and own what we
do.?PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Educate and train all levels of store management and associates
in programs and methods for protecting inventory, cash, equipment
and other company assets.
- Investigate evidence of loss using multiple tools and resources
and conduct interviews in a timely manner regarding integrity,
theft and violation of company policy. Provide Store Management and
District Managers with recommendations for resolution and
- Analyze store exception reporting, inventory reporting, CCTV,
incident reporting and other information and trends for further
internal and external investigation. Partner with local law
enforcement and retail network to drive case resolution.
- Conduct various store audits to assess operational and safety
compliance with company policies and procedures. ?Advise and
consult with General Managers on improving results based on store
audits.? Report audit findings to District Manager and Corporate
- Drive and coordinate Shrink Focus Store program with Store Ops
- Partner with District Manager, Regional Vice President (if
applicable) and Regional Loss Prevention Manager to coordinate and
present information to store operations audience including
conference calls and regional and district meetings.?
- Conduct in store surveillances using Loss Prevention tools
including covert, remote and in-store CCTV to identify and escalate
potential internal integrity issues, safety concerns, fines, lost
sales and activity that affect the business.
- Identify Loss Prevention equipment issues at store level.?
Install and maintain protective equipment as needed.?
- Investigate external incidents (i.e. burglary, ORC activity and
robbery) and develops action plans for the implementation of
preventative measures that will reduce the frequency of the events.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor?s degree
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate and CFI (Certified
Forensic Interviewer) a plus.
- Minimum three (3) years? experience in Loss Prevention and in a
retail environment; multi-store experience is preferred
- Strong business relationship skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, electronic communication and
- High level of confidentiality and superior organization skills
with attention to detail
- Solid analytical skills; able to identify trends to help drive
sales, business plans and ?support operational initiatives that
directly correlate with shrink
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to
multi-task, be flexible with change and prioritize to the needs of
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in complex and stressful
- Ability to travel locally and overnight as needed
- Good working knowledge of current technology and its
application to the role (EAS, Burglar Alarms, CCTV, Kronos, case
management software, exception based reporting etc.)?WORKING
- Flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business
(schedule may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
- In-town and out-of-town travel within designated market; some
- Responds to store based emergencies
- Physical demands include periodic ladder climbing, minor
equipment repairs, installation of covert cameras or relocation and
lifting up to 50 pounds in a retail store environment
- Home based office#LIJF1
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Fresno , Area LP Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!