Bell Attendant, Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Company: Delaware North
Location: Fish Camp
Posted on: January 10, 2022
The OpportunityDelaware North Parks and Resorts is searching for
a Bell Attendant to join our team at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite in
Fish Camp, California. The Bell Attendant is responsible for many
important aspects of guest services, including bell, door, valet,
and guest transport for hotel operations. Our ideal candidate is
friendly, motivated, and focused on providing great service at all
times. This opportunity will provide you a chance to learn from
award-winning leaders in hospitality.We offer great perks to our
Tenaya Lodge associates:
- FREE employee housing OR $20/day commute bonus (for commutes
over 50 mi. one-way). *Housing based upon availability.
- FREE employee meals for all shifts over 5 hours.
- Discounts on products and services.Responsibilities
- Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental
GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values,
Policies and Procedures
- Transfer luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms,
loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or
using baggage carts.
- Greet incoming guests and escort them to their rooms.
- Receive and mark baggage by completing and attaching claim
- Supply guests or travelers with directions, travel information,
and other information, such as available services and points of
- Assist physically challenged travelers and other guests with
- Transport guests about premises and local areas.
- Maintain clean lobbies or entrance areas for travelers or
- Deliver packages,messages, and run errands for guests.
- Explain the operation of room features, such as locks,
ventilation systems, and televisions.
- Inspect guests' rooms to ensure that they are adequately
stocked, orderly, and comfortable.
- Pick up and return items for laundry and valet service.
- Lifting and carrying luggage weighing 50 or more pounds.
- On call for front desk agent needs and requests pertaining to
- Maintain a positive attitude in high stress situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Park and retrieve guests vehicles.
- Ability to arrive at work regularly, on time, in proper
uniform, and preparedQualifications
- Prior hotel experience is desired but not essential.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills demonstrating
proper manners and etiquette.
- Requires excellent people skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
- Self Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making
decisions for oneself.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while
following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as
credible in the workplace
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to
organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
one's conduct.Physical Requirements
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have the physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of
weight.Who We AreAt Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who
you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting
venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or
premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Fresno , Bell Attendant, Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, Hospitality & Tourism , Fish Camp, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!