Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Summary:The cashier/receptionist is a member of the health
care department team who functions under the direction guidance and
supervision of the department manager, assistant manager, or
designee. The cashier/receptionist greets and checks in all
patients reporting to the medical office in a professional and
courteous manner. This position is responsible for accurate
check-in, check-out where applicable, information capture and
revenue collection per procedures. Responsible for having a general
knowledge of the medical center in order to assist patients with
questions and concerns. Requires extensive use of the
- Reception, Check-ln, Check-out (where applicable)
- Greet and assist patients that present
- Follow appropriate patient registration/check-in policies and
- Verify and/or update all demographic information, for example
Personal Physician Selection, Language Preference.
- Working knowledge of Health Plan coverage types, for example
(but not limited to) traditional, deductible, etc.
- Check in patients by following check-in policies and procedures
and using the check-in systems or manual visit records when the
systems are down.
- Determine patients membership/benefits according to the benefit
- Create accounts as necessary, for example (but not limited to)
workers compensation, confidential, etc.
- Capture and populate workers compensation data on the correct
screens and select the correct coverage as necessary
- Manage electronic in-basket
- Use notes function where applicable to document
- Obtain a patient medical record number when necessary
- Order Health Plan cards as needed.
- Collect co-pays and fees. Inform patients of available payment
- Generate appropriate encounter forms per procedure
electronically or manually if the system is down
- Direct patients to appropriate area after the check-in process
- Check out patients by following checkout policies and
procedures and using the checkout systems or manual visit records
when the systems are down, if applicable.
- Follow appropriate procedures when registering exception-type
patients such as non-members, out-of-area health plan members,
Medicare, Media-Cal, and industrial patients.
- Initiate and complete required forms for all appointments per
- Access necessary information from the fee schedule to determine
appropriate fees based on CPT-4 and/or service codes in order to
collect appropriate revenue
- Assist patients by :
- Explaining co-pays/applicable fees
- Providing facility directions
- Referring to other departments and administrative services for
further information, e.g., Member Services, Medical Secretaries,
and Business Office.
- Initiating and completing appropriate forms as needed, for
example Release Of Information, Patient Financial
- Tracking referrals to specialty care by utilizing the
consultation/referral system as needed in those areas where this
responsibility currently exists for the individual in this
classification. Where this responsibility is not part of an
existing position, it cannot be added without written agreement as
part of the LMP.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and application to Patient
Administration Appointment Registration (PARRS).
- Maintain the patient will-call area box if applicable
- Communicate with clinical and business office staff as
- Cash Handling, Reconciliation and Deposit
- Handle cash according to the Cash Handling Responsibility
- Comply with all applicable cash handling policies and
procedures (see reference list)
- The registration designee is responsible for the safekeeping of
change funds, all revenue collected during the shift, all assigned
revenue documents, and all keys assigned for cash control.
- Obtain, secure, and ensure sufficient denominations to provide
- Reconcile shift and deposit funds according to the Cash
Handling Responsibility Agreement
- Use correct procedures to document and report
- Working towards positive operational outcomes.
- Create patient orders/sales as necessary, for example (but not
limited to) workers compensation, Medi-Cal, Medicare, etc.
- Use comment fields when appropriate to document refunds,
write-offs, and special circumstances/situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of and application to Patient
Administration Appointment Registration (PARRS), Kaiser Permanente
Foundation Systems (KPFS), Optical Eligibility Verification System
(OEVS), and Optical Point of Sale System (OPOS).
- Communicate with Regional Optical Services and Medical Center
department staff as needed
- Answer telephones
- Complete contact lens reorders when appropriate
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be able and willing to travel to all other facilities
within 50 miles based on operational needs.
- Must be able and willing to work additional hours as needed up
- Hours subject to change with short noticeGrade 03Basic
Qualifications: Experience 6 months work experience. One year
recent cash handling and cash reconciliation required. Education
- High School Diploma/GED. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Basic knowledge and use of computer and computer keyboard
- Passing of a PC skills assessment
- Ability to read and follow instructions, short correspondence,
- Communicate with health care providers, staff, patients and
- Professional phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, organize, manage time and prioritize
workflow in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of computer and computer keyboard.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to the detailed responsibilities outlined in the
appropriate (United Healthcare Workers - West) Cash Handling
- Proven communication skills with health care providers, staff,
patients and visitors, both verbal and written, required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle heavy telephone volume in a
prompt and courteous manner, required.
- Type 35 wpm Preferred Qualifications:
- One year experience within the last 2 years in basic computer
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Fresno , Cashier Receptionist, Hospitality & Tourism , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!