Company: Turning Point of Central California, Inc.
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Program Name: Rural Mental Health (RMH) of Fresno County
We currently have three full-time Licensed Vocation Nurse/Licensed
Psychiatric Technician positions available in Fresno County:
Kerman, Pinedale/Fresno and Coalinga.
Bilingual candidates are preferred.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Psychiatric Technician
reports to the Program Director and LVN/LPT Supervisor and provides
licensed nursing support services to patients and clients in
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Per the authority of a license, administer medications to
patients, chart appropriate records, review medicine orders
regularly, obtain appropriate physician approval, and coordinate
with pharmacy as needed.
- Order supplies and check delivery; stock and maintain
- Assist with medical treatments and procedures and assume
responsibility for general patient care.
- Transport patients to doctors' appointments and laboratories
- Conduct individual counseling, crisis intervention, and
- Conduct work-oriented daily living skills sessions and
resocialization activity groups.
- Consult with physicians regarding patients and medication
- Participate in carrying out individual and group treatment
programs for patients as part of the treatment team and encourage
patient participation in treatment activities.
- Visit patients in their homes, inboard and care facilities, or
in other community placement locations to carry out prescribed
- Motivate patients to develop self-reliance in daily
- Observe patient's physical condition and behavior; report
significant changes to professional staff; record clinical notes on
- Monitor and observe clients self-administer medications;
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, and prepare
- Participate in in-service training programs.
- Assist in training and instructing others.
- Will drive on Agency business.
- Participate in treatment programs for patients.
- Analyze situations accurately and take effective action.
- Work independently in proving coverage at outreach locations or
providing patient supervision assistance.
- Thinks and acts quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures,
including but not limited to workplace safety, reporting
work-related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential
safety risks for staff, clients and others.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility
of each employee at Turning Point. Employees are expected to report
to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working.
Employees also are expected to remain at work for their entire work
schedule. Late arrival, early departure or other absences from
scheduled hours are disruptive and must be avoided.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director. Please note
this job description is not designated to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required for the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Possession of a valid license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or
Psychiatric Technician as issued by the State of California.
- Any combination of experience and education that could likely
provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is
qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills, and
abilities would be Supplemental college course work in behavioral
or social sciences, and one (1) year of experience performing
duties comparable to a Mental Health Worker or related nursing
- Knowledge of basic concepts of mental illness and mental health
including the physical, emotional and social needs of emotionally
- Fundamentals of psychiatric and mental health nursing
- Basic medical and psychiatric terminology.
- Principles and techniques involved in the care and treatment of
individuals or groups of mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or
mentally retarded patients.
- Contra-indications, side effects and signs of medication
- Ability to apply routine psychiatric/medical nursing care to
mentally ill, emotionally disturbed or mentally retarded
- Recognize symptoms indicative of adverse patient
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken
- Express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a
dependable means of transportation that is properly insured and
operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer authorization
- Ability to use the equipment necessary to complete the
responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general
physical, and TB test. Hepatitis B Immunization Consent-Refusal
form must be completed. Hepatitis B Immunization is available at
the request of the employee.
- Must maintain good relationships with clients, co-workers,
government representatives and any others with whom the Agency is
transacting business, and relate to them in a professional
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR BILINGUAL SKILL
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken Spanish.
- Required ability to communicate effectively with monolingual
Spanish speaking clients and families for all clinical
- Assist with phone calls for Spanish clients.
- Required to provide language translations for case managers and
Physicians on a periodic basis.
- Minimal adequate competency in the Spanish language as
evidenced by successful passage of the TPOCC Spanish Competency
- Other translation tasks as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Turning Point of Central California, Inc., Fresno , LVN/LPT, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!