RN Supervisor, Stroke Program at Community Health System - CA
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA*
Community Regional Medical Center provides central California with the highest level of care available in the region. We measure up with top hospitals nationally and are the 3rd largest in California! Our 685 beds is home to the only comprehensive Burn and Level I Trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. With a full-service 58,000 square-foot Emergency Department, we are one of the largest and busiest in California. We have an 84-bed Level III NICU and plan to significantly expand our pediatric specialty services. The hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We're affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility and have trained 3,000 Medical Doctor's to date plus we continue to invest in research and training grants. Responsibilities: Accountabilities
1. Serves as the program supervisor for all components of the Stroke Program at all CMC facilities including those departments directly involved in the Stroke Center: Emergency Department, Surgical Services, Critical Care units, 9-West Neuroscience Unit, General Medical-Surgical Departments, Rehabilitation Services, Out-Patient follow-up and other areas as indicated.
2. Ensures data integrity and analyzes results in applicable registries. Provides stroke performance reports to the Acute Stroke Committee and other quality committees. Maintains and monitors clinical targets vs. actual performance to identify variance from the clinical practice guidelines. Collaborates with data analytics team.
3. Implements and evaluates effectiveness of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement. Maintains the integrity and security of data and information.
4. Supports and mentors staff as indicated in the process for identifying, reporting, managing and tracking unanticipated, untoward adverse events related to stroke patient care. Identifies and reports improvement opportunities.
5. Develops and supports clinical operations as they relate to stroke patient care. Reports unresolved problems to leadership.
6. Oversees the stroke navigator position and patient experience data collection and reports. Accountable for patient experience scores and reports scores to appropriate committees. Ensures the patient's educational needs and self-management plan are met.
7. Facilitates meetings with program leaders, hospital staff, medical staff, emergency medical services and hospital management. Communicates and supports stroke and organizational initiatives. Devises processes to facilitate information sharing to any relevant setting or practitioner. Collaborates with the key stakeholders for updates on changes in Stroke policies and Clinical Practice Guidelines.
8. Applies advanced knowledge in the clinical area setting as a role model and resource. This includes maintaining up-to-date knowledge of clinical and technological advances in the area of stroke patient care. Implements modifications to clinical practice guidelines based on current evidence-based practice.
9. Communicates educational needs of clinical staff to the Medical Director, Neuroscience Director, and Unit Managers as indicated. Provides clinical education and concurrent learning on evidence-based care for complex stroke patients. Provides learning opportunities through on-the-job experiences. Maintains readily available reference/resource materials.
10. Participates with the Medical Director, Unit Manager, and Clinical Educator in establishing staff education and competency needs and in testing and tracking selected competencies.
11. Ensures compliance with the Certification Participation Requirements, and the Standards and Elements of Performance from The Joint Commission's Disease-Specific Care manual. Maintains survey readiness and remains up-to-date on regulatory standards and clinical practice guidelines. Coordinates survey responses, working closely with surveyors to provide information and assistance appropriately for the Stroke Program.
12. Works collaboratively with the Neuroscience Medical Staff to plan and organize the annual neuroscience symposium.
13. Facilitates community outreach programs for targeted neuroscience populations and works together with other Clinical Program Coordinators to provide Stroke outreach.
14. Oversees financial operations of program. Identifies necessary capital budget items. Reports observed budget variances to the Neuroscience Director.
15. Oversees multidisciplinary care coordination for appropriate rehabilitation, palliative, placement and/or outpatient follow up.
16. Administers the HR processes for direct reports per policy: participates in the hiring and interviewing process; completes scheduling and time card approvals; completes the performance evaluation process within scheduled time frames; performs counseling and disciplinary processes and assist the Director with final written warnings and terminations.
17. Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned. Qualifications: Education
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare related field required
Master's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare related field preferred
3 years of RN experience, with at least 1 year in Stroke services required
Experience coordinating clinical care and providing mentorship, education and training to staff nurses preferred
1 year of supervisory experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
RN - Current and valid Registered Nurse license to work within the state of California required
BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
One of the following is required
o SCRN - Stroke Certified Nurse
o CNRN - Certified Neuroscience Nurse
o ASC - Advanced Stroke Coordinator
o ASC - Advanced Stroke Coordinator preferred
Pay ranges listed are an estimate and subject to change.
Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption and test regularly.
If any bonuses are noted, they are only applicable to external hires meeting criteria.
Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA*
Keywords: Confidential, Fresno , RN Supervisor, Stroke Program at Community Health System - CA, Healthcare , Fresno, California
here to apply!