Travel Nurse RN - OR Circulate - COVID19 - $4,216 per week
Company: DT-Healthcare Staffing
Posted on: September 24, 2022
DT-Healthcare Staffing is seeking a travel nurse RN OR Circulate
for a travel nursing job in Fresno, California.Job Description &
- Specialty: OR Circulate
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: 09/26/2022
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 10 hours, days
- Employment Type: TravelDT-Trak is a national medical staffing
company that works with federal, state, and commercial hospital
systems.Job SummaryProvides direct patient care. Addresses the
psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the
surgical environment. Communicates with surgeon and
anesthesiologist continuously and as needed about patient
condition. Assists surgeon during operative and invasive
procedures. Assists with the maintenance of surgical equipment and
inventory. Participates in performance improvement activities.
Assesses operating room for equipment functioning and readiness,
obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate
needs of surgical operating team are met. Monitors, positions and
assists patient during procedure.Reasonable Accommodation
StatementTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position without
compromising patient care.Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Completion of an accredited registered nursing program.
- Two years of nursing experience and/or training
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate clear oral and written communication
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain collaborative working relationships to
ensure a positive and productive work environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Knowledge and proficiency of surgical equipment and assisting
- PC competency, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Current California Registered Nursing License.
- ACLS and BLS Certificate required.Minimum Standards
- --Time & Attendance (see FSH Time & Attendance Policy)
- --Professional Appearance (see FSH Dress Policy)
- Staff meetings (90%)
- Annual Requirements
- Mock Code Blue (min. 2 per year if applicable)
- PPD/TB Screen
- Annual Competencies
- Flu Vaccine
- Compliance TrainingEssential Functions
- Accurately records, handles and labels specimens; demonstrates
care of specimens.
- Adjusts expectations of patient behavior and acts according to
the effect medication has on patient.
- Assessment and reassessment of the patient is clearly and
concisely communicated in charting.
- Documentation meets current standards, policies and procedures
and is completed within shift.
- Carries out established techniques for safe administration of
medications and parenteral fluids, as per hospital policies and
- Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during all
- Coordinates and supervises patient care; provides patient and
family with teaching/education, as necessary.
- Demonstrates competence in preparing and cleaning of OR suites
before and between cases and after terminal cleaning, based on
patients infection class.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anesthetic drugs, actions and side
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Able to interpret data about the patient's status in order to
identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed
by the patient group.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of location, care and operation
of all surgical equipment.
- Directs and assists in maintenance and handling of special
equipment and instruments. Effectively communicates with the
physician in accounting for all sponges, needles and instruments
during and after the procedure and documents in the appropriate
- Ensures Pre-op Checklist is complete (H&P present, informed
consent signed, test results present, surgical site identified,
etc.) before patient is taken into surgical suite.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors.
- Gives thorough report of patients intraoperative condition to
- Is able to open sterile supplies and set up for procedure.
- Is consistently ready and prepared for assigned cases.
- Observes behavioral and physiologic changes due to medications,
takes appropriate actions and documents.
- Positions patients safely; pads and protects bony
- Preps and drapes patients correctly for all procedures.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of
productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time; does not
- Other duties as assigned--Physical--Demands
- Close Vision- (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Lift up to 10 pounds- 1/3 to 1/2 of time
- Lift up to 25 pounds- 1/3 to 1/2 of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds- up to 1/3 of time
- Lift more than 100 pounds- up to 1/3 of time with
- Push/Pull- 1/3 to 1/2 of time
- Reach with hands and arms- up to 1/3 of time
- Sit- up to 1/3 of time
- Stand- 2/3 and more of time
- Talk or hear- 2/3 and more of time
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel- 2/3 and more of time
- Walk- 2/3 and more of time--Work Environment
- Body fluid exposure- Yes
- Fine Dexterity- Both (5-6 hours)
- Fumes or airborne particles- up to 1/3 of time
- Grasping: simple/light--- Both (5-6 hours)
- Grasping: firm/heavy- Both (3-4 hours)
- Hearing- Ability to hear alarms on equipment
- Hearing- Ability to hear instructions from physician/department
- Repetitive use of foot control- Both (1-2 hours)
- Repetitive use of hands- Both (5-6 hours)
- Risk of electrical shock- up to 1/3 of time
- Risk of radiation- up to 1/3 of time
- Toxic or caustic chemicals- up to 1/3 of time
- Typical noise level- Moderate Noise
- Work near moving mechanical parts- 1/3 to 1/2 of
time--COVID-19Traveler will be required to get tested in Fresno for
COVID-19 prior to starting their contract. Facility will identify
the testing site, as well as pay for the test. Facility will not
pay for time until results are received (it could be hours, or up
to a few days). If the traveler does test positive for COVID-19,
the facility will not pay for their required time in
quarantine.----DT-Trak Consulting Inc. Job ID #232738. Pay package
is based on 10 hour shifts and 40 hours per week (subject to
confirmation) with tax-free stipend amount to be
- Mileage reimbursement
- Referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Holiday Pay
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Guaranteed Hours
- Benefits start day 1
- 401k retirement plan
- License and certification reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan
Keywords: DT-Healthcare Staffing, Fresno , Travel Nurse RN - OR Circulate - COVID19 - $4,216 per week, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!