Mental Health Therapist
Company: Sierra Meadows Behavioral Health
Posted on: September 21, 2022
WHO WE ARE
We are the Central Valley's premier behavioral health treatment
provider. Our portfolio includes the following companies: Sierra
Meadows Behavioral Health, providing behavioral healthcare for
adults through our 12-bed inpatient program & robust outpatient
programs; Ascend Behavioral Health, where we offer a 6-bed
inpatient program as well as a high quality outpatient mental
healthcare for adolescents; Sierra Meadows & Ascend Psychiatry,
providing long-term outpatient psychiatric care; Touchstone
Recovery Center, a thriving outpatient substance abuse program for
adults and adolescents; Oasis Eating Disorders Recovery meeting the
outpatient treatment needs of patients struggling with eating
disorder diagnoses; and Sierra Meadows Foundation, our
not-for-profit free counseling center and training facility.
Founded in 2019, our companies have experienced steady and
consistent growth in the Fresno/Clovis area. As we continue to
expand services with new ventures, locations, and levels of care,
we are seeking strategic and dynamic individuals to join our
For additional information, please visit us at:
Our mission is to create a workplace for therapists by the
therapists. We offer a competitive salary as well as numerous
opportunities for growth including future opportunities for
promotions, clinical trainings, and more.
- Competitive salary: Unlicensed Clinicians make between $60k -
67k with an increase upon licensure; Licensed Clinician pay begins
at $70k depending on experience
- $1,000 stipend yearly for CEUs and to obtain comprehensive
clinical training in a modality of choice (upon approval from
- Various in-house training and learning opportunities to enhance
clinical competency conducted during work hours on a weekly
- Anthem medical insurance - various plan options with 75% paid
by the employer
- Vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- A supportive & professional environment where we work hard and
also have a lot of fun!
Each full time Clinician is expected to conduct an average of 23-25
clinical hours in a 40 hour work week, with the remaining time
spent participating in case consultation, trainings, staff
meetings, and upholding comprehensive documentation standards. This
is a team oriented environment and all therapists are encouraged to
collaborate, support, and assist one another to enable optimal
functioning of the program as a whole.
- Conduct bio-psychosocial intake assessments to obtain history,
determine appropriate level of care, and provide appropriate
diagnosis utilizing DSM V. Obtain collateral information as
- Manage a caseload between 9-13 individual clients and utilize
evidence-based approaches to treat patients' presenting issues on a
short- to mid-term timeline.
- Complete a treatment plan and preliminary discharge plan for
all patients, focusing on realistic goals and expectations within
the parameters of the program.
- Facilitate 3-hour group therapy sessions within our IOP and PHP
program, utilizing evidence-based approaches with group sizes
ranging from 8-12 members.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staff meetings and case
consultations on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with patients' family members regarding treatment
goals and discharge planning.
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner,
including progress notes, group notes, communication logs,
treatment plan reviews, and insurance utilization reviews.
- Collaborate with case manager to ensure external needs are
being met and provide appropriate referrals outside of the agency
for any external needs.
- Education: Master's or Doctoral Degree in counseling/psychology
from an accredited graduate school
- Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years in the field of
- Skills: Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Decision
Making, Research Skills, Verbal Communication, Written
Communication, People Skills, Resolving Conflict, People
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Driver's License; Registered
associate with BBS
- Other Requirements conducted in-house: Negative TB test results
within past year; medical clearance to work within past year;
ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings; must
have/able to obtain CPR/First AID certification
- Frequency: Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of
the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) Standing, Walking, Sitting, Handling
/ Using Fingers
- Occasionally: Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) Reach Outward, Reach Above Shoulder,
Squat or Kneel, Bend or Twist
- Other Physical Demands: Ability to lift/carry 20-50 lbs,
Ability to push/pull 20-50 lbs, Moderate frequency of computer
keyboarding, Moderate frequency of viewing a computer monitor
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: LMFT, AMFT, LCSW, ACSW, LPCC, APCC, Postdoctoral Fellow,
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Associate Marriage and
Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Associate
Clinical Social Worker, Associate Professional Clinical Counselor,
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Psychologist,
Keywords: Sierra Meadows Behavioral Health, Fresno , Mental Health Therapist, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!