Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAt WelbeHealth, we make the impossible, possible
for underserved seniors. We do this through utilizing and
developing cutting-edge healthcare and well-being service products
especially for seniors and their families. Now is your chance to
join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative
healthcare, insurance, social support and more to seniors. We
create senior well-being through our courage to love, pioneering
spirit and shared intention. These values permeate everything we
do. At WelbeHealth, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our
teams to push the limits of healthcare and well-being experiences
and create the never-before-seen!The WelbeHealth Medical Assistant
(PCP and Float) is responsible for assisting the medical staff
(providers, nurses and on-site Specialty Care Providers) in the
provision of safe andefficient delivery of medical services at the
WelbeHealth clinic, as directed. Under the general supervision of
medical staff, the Medical Assistant performs routine
administrative and clinical duties (e.g., scheduling medical
appointments, greeting participants, and filing medical records,
taking and recording vital signs, preparing exam rooms, and
maintaining equipment and supplies). The Medical Assistant works
collaboratively with all members of the WelbeHealth team and
participants to promote the WelbeHealth mission. The Medical
Assistant collaborates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders
to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and missionDuties &
- Assist WelbeHealth medical staff (or if Float MA, assigned on
site Specialty Care Providers) to address the participants' needs
in the WelbeHealth clinic as follows:
- Prepare the participants for their appointments, including but
not limited to setting up exam rooms, checking participants in and
out, obtaining accurate history of present illness, etc.
- Perform required pre-exam physical tests, i.e., measuring and
documenting participants' vital signs as ordered by a physician and
assist the physician during the examination as appropriate.
- Perform general medical procedures, i.e., dressing changes and
suture removal as directed, and under specific authorization and
supervision of a physician, as long as the training requirements
are met according to state law.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens as ordered and perform
routine sterilization procedures of medical and dental equipment
according to guidelines.
- Triage and address as directed, unscheduled requests for
physician visits in the WelbeHealth clinic.
- Float MA should proactively review on-site Specialist calendar
daily to ensure all available appointments are filled and address
any vacancies; provide weekly schedule to onsite Specialists and/or
Specialist's coordinator. Support Specialists prepping participant
for exam and ensuring history of current conditions is captured;
Specialist has current orders and relevant information related to
appointment, document procedures and care provided by the
Specialist in Athena.
- Maintain clinic logs and ensure exam rooms are properly
stocked, sanitized, and re-prepped for participant encounters at
- Maintain Emergency Cart daily log; monitor and maintain
medication/vaccine refrigerator log; manage participant sharps
containers and maintain log.
- Conduct required quality control checks on clinic lab equipment
and maintain logs.
- Perform and document ordered procedures and care, and provide
as-needed teaching to participants, in accordance with scope of
practice, as directed by PCP or Specialist.
- Perform staff and non-staff COVID testing as needed.
- Remain alert and update the supervisor or any member of the IDT
promptly of any changes in participants' condition.
- Schedule participants for medical appointments with providers
inside the WelbeHealth clinic as well as outside specialty offices,
document encounters in the EMR, monitor appointment attendance, and
inform participants and team appropriately.
- Answer the WelbeHealth clinic telephone and address participant
and provider issues, relating urgent matters to the Clinical
Services Director or RN.
- Assist with ordering medical supplies.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and sterilization.
- When necessary and appropriate, help with appointment
reminders, clinical inbox management, translation and interpreter
services and scribing (if trained).
- Participate in standing Clinic meetings such as Morning
Briefing/Huddle/IDT/Ad Hoc or other attended meetings and complete
action items as assigned.
- Be legally authorized to practice in position location,
- Only act within the scope of his or her authority to
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education Required (Minimum level of education): Current MA
Certificate. Preferred MA experience working in the Home
- Certifications/Licenses Required: Valid State Driver's License
with a clean DMV record. Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- 2-year degree program in Medical Assistance Accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program
(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Certification by a Medical Assistant Certifying Organization
approved by the State Medical Board, preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Minimum of two years' of Medical Assistant experience in a
clinical setting with a frail or elderly population.
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor and communicate
- Excellent clinical, organizational and communication skills in
settings with seniors, their families, and interdisciplinary team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most
- Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus. COVID-19 Vaccination
PolicyAt WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential
of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have
a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of
vaccination prior to employment is required. Our Commitment to
Diversity, Equity and InclusionAt WelbeHealth, we embrace and
cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to
building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at
WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a
family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable
Keywords: WelbeHealth, Fresno , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!