Company: Fresno Nephrology Medical Group
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPurpose:The Medical Assistant supports ancillary
and physician staff in providing for the needs of
- Rooms patients and accurately collects and records patients'
medical history; including vital statistics, allergies, medications
- Prepares exam room, stocks and maintains supplies and
equipment, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Assists with scheduling routine appointments and check out
- Addresses patients with a compassionate, friendly and caring
- Consistently maintains and updates medication knowledge,
staying current with industry trends and standards, attends
in-services internal or external.
- Requests insurance authorizations when needed.
- Documents receipt, assists with ensures completion of
disability and other miscellaneous forms/ letters in a timely
- Effectively assists with E-Prescribing, authorizing drug
refills and physician and Physician Dispensing.
- Triages phone calls and routes and relays information in a
timely manner to staff and providers in a timely manner.
- Daily review and processing of voicemails, reminders, and
- This position may require that the M.A. occasionally travel to
other Clinical sites upon requestExperience,
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited education
- Knowledge of computer/telephony support, preferably in a health
- Strong customer service background, preferably in health care
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Competence with computer processing functions and other
standard office equipment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to calmly and professionally resolve customer issues
with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills
Keywords: Fresno Nephrology Medical Group, Fresno , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!