Physician / Pediatrics / California / Permanent /
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: August 4, 2022
You Fresno County Adventure Beckons...
The Community - Fresno, California
In the heart of the hub of California lies opportunities abundant
for a personal experience with adventure, a sense of contentment,
and exploration. If those are things you're looking for in life,
look no further than Fresno, California. With three national parks-
Yosemite, King's Canyon, and Sequoia- located within a 90-minute
drive from Fresno/Clovis, the ability to get in tune with nature is
conveniently placed in essentially any direction. But, if the city
life is more to your liking, Fresno is also the place for you.
Top-of-the-line, directly from the farm cuisine is available in
multiple award-winning restaurants. Wineries and wine tasting
opportunities are abundant where you can spend your evenings after
taking in any of the grand options of arts museums and cultural
celebrations available throughout the area. Whether to visit or to
live, Fresno is the place to truly enjoy what life has to
Explore Fresno here.
About the Facility - VA Central California Health Care System
VA Central California Health Care System (VACCHCS), located in
Fresno, California, is part of VA Sierra Pacific Network (VISN21),
which includes facilities in California, Nevada, and Hawaii.
VACCHCS is a 57-bed acute care, general medical and surgical center
with state-of-the-art primary, secondary and tertiary care in major
diagnostic, and treatment specializations. In addition, a 54-bed
Community Living Center (CLC) is located on campus and provides
skilled nursing and rehabilitation care.
Facility Address: 2615 E Clinton Ave Fresno, CA 93703
RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Emergency physicians shall provide immediate medical
evaluation, examination, diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of
patients who present for care in the Emergency Department.
- "Present for care" includes patients referred to the Emergency
Department by other medical providers in the VA Healthcare Facility
system (such as outpatient clinics, outlying clinics, ED Fast
track, inpatient, etc.).
- Shall provide professional advice to other VA providers with
regard to professional management of patients being treated and/or
- Shall be a resource for contract providers and manage patients
in the fast-track portion of the Emergency Department as well.
- Shall cover the range of emergency room care typically provided
in an urban civilian practice of similar size.
The following list is an example of the types of cases, but is not
- Major trauma, including fractures of multiple extremities, stab
wounds, open wounds of the chest and abdomen, head trauma,
suspected spine injuries, lacerations, amputations.
- Major medical emergencies such as cardiac arrest, myocardial
infarction, respiratory failure, shock.
- Obstetrical emergencies such as deliveries of single or
multiple births, acute pregnancy complications, vaginal
- Acute psychiatric problems, including suicide attempts.
- Lower-acuity complaints including viral illnesses, other
infections, minor orthopedic problems, minor trauma, alcohol abuse
(i.e., "urgent care" patients).
- Other miscellaneous medical problems both acute and
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in any U.S. State or
- ABEM-Certification preferred, but other Board Certifications
are acceptable with no less than 2 years of full-time ER experience
in a high-volume ED (Other qualifying certifications: Internal
medicine, Family practice, Internal medicine/pediatrics, general
- Must be an M.D. or D.O. and be capable of treating patients of
- Must have and maintain current certification in BLS, ACLS
Certificate, and PALS Certificate by way of an American Heart
Association training program.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Fresno , Physician / Pediatrics / California / Permanent /, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!