MDS Coordinator LVN/RN
Company: Promenade Care Center
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionHere at Promenade Care Center, we believe that
together we can inspire strength and hope! We provide both
short-term rehabilitation and long-term care at the highest
professional standards, along with comprehensive skilled nursing
and progressive treatment plans promoting quality care that
inspires our patients positively. An interdisciplinary care team
made up of nursing staff, therapist(s), resident dietitian,
activities and social services develop a customized plan of care
that addresses specific care needs and therapy goals necessary for
the resident to reach their personal goals.We rely on and trust our
team to provide the best patient care and create a compassionate
environment. In this role, ensuring that all of our patients are
treated with dignity and respect will be at the core of your care.
You will empower our patients, recognizing their ability to make
their own choices while guiding them with kindness and
understanding through challenging times. We take pride in our
supportive network and are looking to expand our team with more
amazing individuals who share our values and
- Coordinates the development and completion of the resident
assessment (MDS) in accordance with current Federal and state
rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the resident
assessment, including the implementation of RAPs and Triggers.
- Selects the correct Assessment reference date (ARD) and correct
reasons for assessment that capture all resources utilized to
ensure appropriate payment by the Medicare/Medicaid systems.
- Uses company standard systems (Concurrent review when
available) to manage the MDS process.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive resident
assessment and care plan.
- Disseminates any new or updated materials involving the RAI
- Facilitates the involvement of appropriate health professionals
needed to improve or maintain the resident's functional abilities
at the highest practicable level.
- Creates an opportunity for family participation in the care
- Ensures the timely electronic submission of face validity of
all Minimum Data Sets to the state database.
- Reviews the state validation reports and ensures that
appropriate follow-up action is taken.
- Communicates with the product champions to ensure that all new
nursing employees are knowledgeable of the RAI process and receive
the appropriate training as directed by their supervisor.
- Communicates with the Business Office Manager and Administrator
on a regular basis regarding default days and unassigned days.
- Participates in the Medicare Part A in house review as directed
by their supervisor.
- Follows company standard regarding weekly communication with
the Business Office Manager on all information needed for
- Understands, complies with and promotes all rules and
regulations regarding residents' rights; promotes positive
relationships with residents, visitors and regulators, to include
presenting a professional appearance.
- Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business
Ethics policy, including documentation and reporting
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in a health care
setting. Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a long-term care
- Must have a current, active license to practice as a LPN/LVN in
state of practice.
- Must be currently working towards RN license, which must be
obtained within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Prior experience as an MDS coordinator with demonstrated
- Demonstrates clinical at the level necessary to meet the job
- Basic understanding of computer technology, including email
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Proven decision-making and analytical skills.
- Must be able to travel, including overnight stays.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.Promenade
Care Center (formerly known as Dycora Transitional Health & Living)
is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal
Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status,
disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
Keywords: Promenade Care Center, Fresno , MDS Coordinator LVN/RN, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!