Registered Nurse (RN) Structural Heart Coordinator, Heart Clinic
Company: Community Medical Centers
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Overview: You are a nurse looking for a chance to join an
exclusive team of care providers in the Central Valley. If you have
passion for improving the health of the Valley and its residents,
you can make a difference here, on the front lines, at the region s
safety net hospital, and the only area hospital with a destination
therapy certification for Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
patients and certification for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
(PAH) patients. We re here to support you with competitive pay,
excellent benefits, flexible schedules, and unique perks like free
membership to our fitness center with free personal training,
tuition and certification reimbursement programs and concierge
services. We are dedicated to cultivating your career, and offer
on-the-job training and advancement opportunities. In this
position, every day brings new and energizing challenges. Community
is expanding its footprint and that affords you many possible
positions within one company, four hospitals, multiple outpatient
centers, and ongoing expansions. Responsibilities: The RN in this
position is responsible for the care coordination of the structural
heart program as part of a team of cardiology providers and
structural heart coordinators. Responsibilities include TAVR,
MitraClip, WATCHMAN and all structural heart patient care
coordination throughout all CMC facilities. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and review patient referrals for appropriateness,
reviewing with an attending provider as needed.
- Establish contact with patient/family. Explain process and
- Obtain all outside imaging, scheduling screening procedures and
structural heart clinic visit.
- Assist patient/family with navigation of testing schedule.
- Perform functional assessments and frailty testing.
- Participate in development of treatment plan.
- Patient and family education.
- Facilitate direct contact between cardiologist and referring
physician regarding treatment plan.
- Coordinate any additional testing i.e. cath, TEE, CT.
- Upload required data to appropriate vendor and maintain
communication with device representatives.
- Facilitate scheduling and authorization of structural heart
- Contacts the patient 48-72 hours post discharge and then as
needed until stable.
- Participates follow-up visits and coordinates further follow-up
per registry requirement.
- Coordinates concerns among multiple departments including but
not limited to OR, cath lab, anesthesia, CT, echo, vascular,
- Initiates and coordinates outreach programs.
- Initiates and coordinates education for hospital staff.
- Tracks required registry data to be sure requirements are being
- Prepare new patients presentations for weekly valve
- Coordinate Continuing Medical Education credits for MDT
- Be available to patients and families through all stages of
- Establish strong working relationship with surgeons,
interventionalist, advanced practice providers, and device
- Flexibility to adapt to new technologies and procedures as they
evolve: TAVR, MitraClip, WATCHMAN, etc. Qualifications: EXPERIENCE
- Five to seven years of RN experience.
- BSN in nursing required.
- Diplomatic personality, with strong drive to grow and own a
- Clinical assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation
- Care Coordination experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with
physicians, patients, staff and public.
- Ability to manage numerous interruptions during the work day
and reprioritize as needed.
- Sound knowledge of CV health and related diagnostic
- Knowledgeable in the use of WORD, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to educate patients, families, staff and students.
- Strong ability to problem solve and multitask.
- Ability to anticipate needs of patients while working closely
with physicians to establish plan of care/continuum of care.
- Enthusiasm for new treatment options for high risk patients.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS MINIMUM REQUIRED: Current California
Registered Nurse license. Current BLS and ACLS certification.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, ccu,
nurse, registed, registered nurse, transitional, unit
Keywords: Community Medical Centers, Fresno , Registered Nurse (RN) Structural Heart Coordinator, Heart Clinic, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!