Clinical Procurement Coordinator
Company: Donor Network West
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Donor Network West's mission is to save and heal lives through
organ and tissue donation for transplantation. We honor and respect
the donors and families we serve with compassionate care and
inspire our communities to donate life. At Donor Network West,
we're looking for people who embody our core values: teamwork,
integrity, and passion. We welcome diverse perspectives and foster
an environment of collaboration and service.GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONThe
Clinical Procurement Coordinator is responsible for response to
donor referrals, donor evaluation, and donor management,
coordination of organ recovery, organ preservation, and organ
distribution. Additionally, the Clinical Procurement Coordinator
supports donor families, provides family care and may provide
families with the option of organ and/or tissue donation. All of
these job functions collaborate with other departments at Donor
Network West, and within the community of hospitals and
coroner/medical examiner offices. JOB DUTIES AND
- Responds and provides onsite consultation to hospitals that
refer potential organ and tissue donors.
- Conducts a through chart review and determines medical
suitability in conjunction with other clinical personnel.
- Documents information in current Donor Network West electronic
- Assess hemodynamic stability and develops strategies in
conjunction with Donor Network clinical staff to maintain organ
- Collaborates with Physician and hospital staff to develop plan
for referral management from initial referral through declaration
of death/DCD evaluation.
- Obtains, labels, and packages blood for tissue typing and
infectious disease testing.
- Performs donor physical assessment.
- Provides donor/referral information for Donor Network staff to
follow up on cases.
- Assists other Donor Network Staff in starting up donor cases,
and/or expedited donor case work-up.Organ and Tissue Allocation
- In a team effort with Donor Network West staff, assists with
the coordination of organ placement according to established
organizational organ allocation policies and UNOS policy.
- Understands and accurately maintains donor information and
- Communicates with both Donor Network West tissue department
staff and other tissue teams during referral and donor
process.Donor Family Interactions
- Provides emotional support and expertise in donation process
for donor families and utilizes Donor Network West staff or
hospital resources, as needed.
- Is able to communicate any family needs or after-care to staff
as necessary.Administrative Responsibilities
- Maintains complete and accurate timecard and expense
- Maintains donor supplies and equipment necessary to complete
- Maintains records and completion of transportation
documentation, chart corrections, and activity log in timely
manner.Personal and Professional Competency
- Seeks guidance and assistance from team members and management
staff to improve job function.
- Meets with clinical manager every 6-8 weeks to discuss
performance, identify opportunities and set goals.
- Maintains accurate, timely completion of training requirements
- Complete yearly core competencies as assigned by
- Attends department/team meetings, trainings and All-Staff
events as established by management.
- Travel to all areas of Donor Network West service area is
- Performs all other duties as required.QUALIFICATIONS
- Compassionate, conscientious, and ethical.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills which will allow her/him to
deal effectively with individuals or group of individuals,
particularly medical professionals and donor families.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and an ability
to work productively both independently, and as a team participant
with accountability to all other team members for meeting agreed
- Maintain strong organizational skills that will allow him/her
to assess changing environments establish appropriate priorities,
handle highly stressful situations in a calm, mature manner, using
sufficient judgment and discretion at all times.
- Ability to provide accurate assessments of job performance and
recommend changes in policies, procedures, strategies and action
- Qualified to perform donor evaluations and donor management
without supervision.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required, in Registered Nursing or biologic
sciences or an equivalent degree / diploma / certificate in an
allied health field or OPO experience.
- Must have ability to travel within the Donor Network West
service area by car. Must maintain a valid driver's license and
current vehicle insurance based on applicable state minimum
insurance coverage standards.
Keywords: Donor Network West, Fresno , Clinical Procurement Coordinator, Healthcare , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!