Company: BETTS COMPANY
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Are you an experienced Mechanic looking to move off the floor? A
Service Advisor looking to make the next step? Or a Service Manager
wanting to make a move to a company that allows you to make the
decisions needed to grow your business? Betts Truck Parts and
Service has a wonderful job opening in our Fresno Branch. Our
Service Manager leads the team and manages the technicians with a
hands-on approach to maintenance, repair, and inspections of the
vehicles. Schedules work and respond to emergency-related needs in
an efficient and effective manner. Administers and coordinates the
necessary planning, organization, direction, and control of shop
resources to meet the operational goals of the company.
Betts is a family-owned company in business for over 150 years. We
currently operate 8 locations on the west coast and offer
competitive compensation packages, benefits, vacation time, and
paid holidays. Our Fresno store is open Monday through Friday 7:30
am - 5 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Embraces The Betts Way framework and leads by example
- Frequent interaction and collaboration with other functional
areas and business units to ensure company Top Level Metrics (TLM)
- Determines need for repairs by road test, use of mechanical
testing devices, questioning customer about vehicle's performance,
or visual inspection of the vehicle. Must be able to explain the
repair procedures and the reasons for the repairs to the customers,
gaining trust that the job will be done competently and
- Identify parts needed, and prepares itemized estimates listing
costs of parts and labor.
- Directs shop employees on repairs and all shop functions
including cleanliness, safety, training, and other personnel
- Makes shop purchases within guidelines.
- Responsible for Quality Control for all outgoing service
- Responsible for the complete maintenance of company
- Makes fleet calls with the salesmen
- Assists the Parts Department occasionally when needed.
- Directly supervises employees in the Service Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, employee
training, shop scheduling, assigning work, evaluating performance,
and rewarding / disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems associated with
the Service Team.
- 2 + years of related experience in the heavy-duty industry
- Valid Driver's license required
- Multitask and have excellent time management skills
- Mentor junior employees and lead a team
- Show excitement for growing the business and acquiring new
- Analyze financial records, plan and follow a budget
- Show creative problem-solving
- Analyze financial records
- Focus on customer service and lead by example
- Show strong attention to detail
Keywords: BETTS COMPANY, Fresno , Service Manager, Executive , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!