Director Of Innovation, R&D - Spices
Posted on: July 31, 2022
We are a global leader in food & beverage ingredients. Pioneers
at heart, we operate at the forefront of consumer trends to provide
food & beverage manufacturers with products and ingredients that
will delight their consumers. Making a positive impact on people
and planet is all part of the delight. With a deep-rooted presence
in the countries where our ingredients are grown, we are closer to
farmers, enabling better quality, and more reliable, traceable, and
transparent supply. Supplying products and ingredients at scale is
just the start. We add value through our unique, complementary
portfolio of natural, delicious, and nutritious products. With our
fresh thinking, we help our customers unleash the sensory and
functional attributes of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts, and spices so
they can create naturally good food & beverage products that meet
consumer expectations. And whoever we're with, whatever we're
doing, we always make it real. Position SummaryReporting to the VP,
Head of Global Innovation, the Innovation Director will be
responsible for leading the efforts involved in new product/process
development, improvements and open innovation for our dehydrated
spices, vegetables, frozen purees, and open innovations for
positioning into all channels. This position will initiate, plan,
execute, implement, and report on activities related to the
development of new agricultural products, improvements, new
innovations, or cost savings ideas. The ideal candidate will be
able to collaborate with the business leader, internal cross
functional team, and customers to drive the business strategy and
innovation to positive business outcomes. This position will be
responsible for delivering new dehydrated spices, vegetables,
frozen purees, and open innovations in a variety of formats
including industrial pack and retail. This role will require
collaboration with internal stakeholders across functions and
regions. This individual will manage and allocate resources through
stage gate and other tools to maximize the business return on
Innovation. The Innovation Director position carries with it the
responsibility to mentor team members and grow their capabilities
for contributing to the organization while coordinating and
managing the efforts of the innovation team. Position
- Work closely with global innovation head and BU leaders to
implement ofi strategy and lead team to delivering value generation
- Drive the global spice strategy for dehydrated spices,
vegetables, frozen purees, and open innovations.
- Identify and communicate to VP Global Innovation, relationships
with outside partners for strategic innovation initiatives.
- Work in partnership with center of expertise (COE) leadership
to deliver new plant science, processing, or packaging technologies
to position ofi as a leader in the dehydrated spices, vegetables,
frozen purees, and open innovations space.
- Lead innovation projects in the dehydrated spices, vegetables,
frozen purees, and open innovations area from seed to shelf.
- Work closely with COE Plant Science, Quality Food Safety,
Regulatory and COE Processing to develop innovative processes.
- Work with Quality Food Safety Regulatory (QFSR) department,
external companies, and government bodies to ensure our products
are food safe.
- Lead discussion and direction on project work within the
organization and determine the effects of department work on the
overall financial picture.
- Use process acumen to drive continuous improvement initiatives
that reduce manufacturing costs and improve quality.
- Manage the innovation project pipeline and prioritization
system for Innovation as a key link with the business team.
- Engage with customers to understand innovation challenges and
create solutions that leverage ofi's capabilities and meet overall
- Mentor staff to increase their technical knowledge and
potential contribution to the company. Provide coaching and
feedback to improve performance and knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Position Requirements
- Bachelors' degree in Agricultural Science, Food Science,
Chemistry, or similar degree is required. Master's degree or PhD is
- Ten plus (10+) years of forward-looking innovation,
agricultural development, product and/or process development
experience; prior Research & Development (R&D) managerial
experience is required.
- Great knowledge in thermal processing is required.
- Excellent commercial understanding of the industry landscape,
consumer, and marketing trends is required.
- Understanding of onion, garlic and parsley agronomy is a
- Experience developing innovations around dehydrated spices,
vegetables, frozen purees, is a plus.
- Experience in identifying new innovative product and processing
methods for food ingredients is required.
- The ability to interact effectively with various functions,
customers, and experience in a team environment is required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Access, and Excel) is required.
- Effective communication skills, including presentation, verbal
and written are required.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed up to 35% is
required. (Post COVID restrictions). Note: This job description is
not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other
related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the
organization.ofi provides equality of opportunity for all persons
with respect to hiring without discrimination on the grounds of
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age,
disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. All employment
will be decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us for support at: US-Talent.Acquisition@ofi.comAt ofi,
we celebrate our diversity. Olam Americas Inc. is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace.
Keywords: ofi, Fresno , Director Of Innovation, R&D - Spices, Executive , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!