Director of Information Technology
Company: Golden Valley Health Centers
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Director of IT, Projects and Training is responsible for the
oversight of Golden Valley Health Centers enterprise IT application
training programs and portfolio management of initiatives around
enterprise IT applications. This position is responsible for
implementation of necessary activities to deliver successful
training programs and projects: management of HealthIT project
portfolio, IT Project Governance, and quality controls within ITIL
Framework (IT Change Management, and IT testing processes) and
coordination of innovation activities with organizational
Schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for IT project portfolio management and IT
application training programs.
- Thinks strategically by identifying business process
improvement opportunities and the best-suited solution for the
technology adoption within the organization. Measures adoption and
work with organizational leadership to develop future roadmap and
opportunities.Duties & Responsibilities as Project Director (50%):
- Ensures project requirements are implemented in accordance with
organizational strategy and project plans; oversee development of
project charters, status reports, action item logs, issues/risks
management, decision trackers, scope change management, budget
management, communications management, operational readiness,
Go-Live readiness assessments, Go-Live support; transition to
support; and lessons learned.
- Ensures Quality Controls in place for Release, Testing, and
Change Management in alignment with ITIL framework. Accountable for
creating standards of operating procedures for the IT department
and provides insights to IT department to ensure compliance and
- Resolves resource constraints and conflicts that affect the
execution of the project portfolio.
- Manages the enterprise project management tools and
methodologies for communicating the status of strategic initiatives
- Coaches and collaborates with business partners and team
members to apply and share a common vision for operational
excellence, processes, and technologies, in accordance with digital
- Plays a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate
people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as
needed to optimize the efficiency of the project teams.
- Motivates and provides leadership to staff to ensure the proper
allocation of resources to the highest priority deliverables.Duties
& Responsibilities as Training Director (50%):
- Leads the creation of an enterprise-wide vision and strategy
for Epic learning and development in alignment with Epic Steering
Committee and executive sponsors.
- Develops and maintain a multi-year, phased implementation
schedule (i.e. roadmap) and detailed plan for the enterprise-wide
adoption of optimal learning and development practices.
- Develops robust training practices to support the Epic training
and skill development needs of GVHC workforce.
- Drives continual improvement efforts specific to Epic training
programs. Creates and gains sponsor and key stakeholder approval
for an annual detailed execution plan, that details specific
learning and development objectives to be achieved within that
- Develops, deploys, and maintains appropriate change management
approaches to support the phased enterprise-wide adoption of
consistent learning and development practices.
- Actively partners with organizations to create and monitor
department-specific Epic training plans. Provides oversight and
guidance in the execution of the plans.
- Conducts periodic assessments of the maturity and effectiveness
of Epic learning and development practices throughout the
organization and leads targeted improvement opportunities.
- Develop and mentor application training teams in support of
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both technical
and business focused, required
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize
multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and
resource constraints required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Project,
Visio, and Zoom etc.
- Strong background in adult learning, learning sciences, or
- Experience creating enterprise application training and
- Strong understanding of healthcare systems and typical
out-patient and in-patient healthcare workflows preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Information
Systems, Engineering or other related field required.
- Master's or MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum six (6) years of technical management experience
overseeing a team required
- Minimum six (6) years of experience overseeing IT budgets, IT
Project Intake, IT resource demand management, and proven and
demonstrated project management experience managing multi-phased
and large-scale technical and non-technical projects required
- Minimum four (4) years of experience leading the development
and implementation of learning, development, and training programs
- PMP certification highly preferred.
- ITIL or similar certifications highly preferred.
- Valid CA Driver's License, acceptable driving record, reliable
transportation and vehicle insurance.
Keywords: Golden Valley Health Centers, Fresno , Director of Information Technology, Executive , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!