Life Enrichment Director
Company: New Level Resources
Posted on: November 19, 2021
ACTIVITY DIRECTORThis person provides for an ongoing program of
activities designed to meet, in accordance with comprehensive
assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and
psychosocial well-being of each resident.Job
ClassificationDepartment ManagerSupervised by: Executive
DirectorSupervises: Activity AssistantsJob SpecificationsEducation:
Minimum educational requirements include a high school diploma or
its equivalent and satisfactory completion of a training course for
activity directors approved by the Department of Health and Human
Services (DHHS).This person may also be either a qualified
therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional
certified by a recognized accrediting body or a qualified
occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant.License2
years of experience in a social or recreational program approved by
the DHHS within the last five years, one of which was full time in
a resident activities program in a health care setting.Personal
Skills and Traits Desired:
- Good verbal and written communication skill Evidence of
effective problem resolution skills Ability to maintain composure
in stressful situations resourcefulness
- Willing to consider the advice and opinions of others
- Ability to make decisions and accept responsibility for the
- Ability to coordinate and conduct meetings. Ability to set and
- Ability to be organized and efficient
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and
- Basic computer skillsLife Activity Director Assigned Tasks1.
Provide an activities program on a daily basis including evenings
- Provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the
residents that includes, but is notlimited to:
- Group social activities.
- Indoor and outdoor activities, which may include daily
- Activities away from the community.
- Spiritual programs and attendance at houses of worship.
- Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and
implementation of the activities program.
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama,
- Exercise activities.
- One to one attention.
- Promotion of communication/community interaction.
- Assure that at least thirty (30) minutes of staff time is
provided per resident per week for activities duties.
- Prepare a monthly calendar of activities written in large print
and posted in a prominent location that is visible to residents and
- Coordinate the activities program with other services in the
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers when appropriate.
- Assess resident needs and develop resident activities goals for
the written care plan.
- Encourage resident participation in activities and document
- Review goals and progress notes.2. Obtain necessary equipment
and supplies and provide for their accessibility through organized
- Participate with the administrator in developing a budget.
- Foster family and community support of the activity program
(e.g., through newsletters, networking, activities which bring
family members or members of the community into the facility.3.
Contribute to facility efforts to maintain and/or improve quality
of care through participation in thefollowing
- Attend Care Plan meetings.
- Attend Department Head Meetings.
- Attend mandatory in-services.We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We
are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for
all employees and to providing employees with a work environment
free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are
based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
family or parental status, or any other status protected by the
laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
Keywords: New Level Resources, Fresno , Life Enrichment Director, Executive , Fresno, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!